Shock! Outrage!

If the kids really did eat like Cookie Monster, they wouldn't be getting fat. I've never actually seen him swallow the cookies, he just chews them for the taste and then lets the crumbs fall out of his mouth, like a runway model eats.

He's a bloody puppet ........ and isn't a parent's job to have their kids eat healthy?? I don't think 3-year-old Johnny can go buy cookies these days by himself

299597[/snapback]

It's not about keeping a 3-year-old from eating cookies. It's about developing a life-long commitment to make rational decisions about a diet. The whole 'personal responsibility' thing is great in theory and less effective when parents have to work two FT jobs to have a roof over them. How is this different from the NRA creating the Eddie Eagle program to influence young kids to not play with guns (Stop. Don't touch. Leave the area. Tell an adult.)? There's no problem with a media program reinforcing a good habit. Doesn't mean it'll work, but kerist, what's the uproar?

It's not about keeping a 3-year-old from eating cookies. It's about developing a life-long commitment to make rational decisions about a diet. The whole 'personal responsibility' thing is great in theory and less effective when parents have to work two FT jobs to have a roof over them. How is this different from the NRA creating the Eddie Eagle program to influence young kids to not play with guns (Stop. Don't touch. Leave the area. Tell an adult.)? There's no problem with a media program reinforcing a good habit. Doesn't mean it'll work, but kerist, what's the uproar?

299657[/snapback]

Hey I'm just saying I think Cookie Monster is being made a scapegoat by people for their kids being fat little pudge balls. .... If your kid needs cookies, then give him some healthy ones ---- you got a Wegmans near you? They have an excellent selection of cookies

Hey I'm just saying I think Cookie Monster is being made a scapegoat by people for their kids being fat little pudge balls. .... If your kid needs cookies, then give him some healthy ones ---- you got a Wegmans near you? They have an excellent selection of cookies

299766[/snapback]

That and unplug them from the TC and video games and actually make them go outside....

he just chews them for the taste and then lets the crumbs fall out of his mouth, like a runway model eats.

The xanax diet. Take two and the food falls out of your mouth

If the kids really did eat like Cookie Monster, they wouldn't be getting fat.  I've never actually seen him swallow the cookies, he just chews them for the taste and then lets the crumbs fall out of his mouth, like a runway model eats.

299599[/snapback]

:blink::D;)

That and unplug them from the TC and video games and actually make them go outside....

299854[/snapback]

Amen to that....I allocate 40-45 minutes minimum an evening after I get home from work that both my kids and I go outside and play..anything......soccer, on the playground, etc....but it has to be physical activity......and weather (unless lightening or tornadoes are imminent) is irrelevant.

Sure the neighbors, some not all, think I am a nut job, but I see the difference and benefit. It is not easy to do, but I chose to be a parent and understand not everthing I do should be easy.