Rodgers and Brady, Wentz and Allen

Shaw66

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I didn't know that, but I agree completely.   Rodgers is extraordinarily gifted.  His touch is amazing.  His accuracy on short balls rivals Brady, and on long balls Rodgers is clearly better.   Rodgers scrambles nearly as well as Wilson, maybe better, he runs well, protects himself.  He does everything. 

If he wasn't so self centered and isolating of himself Rodgers would likely have won more than 1 super bowl....

16 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think it's due to two factors:

*  Andy Reid & the offensive talent KC had in place

*  Mahomes is the exception to the rule.  The only other young QB to come into the league and dominate in the passing game the way Mahomes has AND win games was Dan Marino.  In his 2nd year he took the Dolphins to the Super Bowl.  In his time Marino was every bit the wonder kid Mahomes is today. 

BTW here's Marino's stat line in his 2nd year from Wikipedia:

In his second season, Marino broke six NFL full-season passing records, including the records for most touchdown passes (48, surpassed by Peyton Manning in 2004) and most passing yards (5,084, surpassed by Drew Brees in 2011), and was selected as the NFL's Most Valuable Player. The Dolphins finished with a 14–2 regular season record, clinching home-field advantage for the playoffs. In the Divisional round, the Dolphins avenged their playoff loss of the previous season to Seattle Seahawks 31–10 behind Marino's 262 passing yards and 3 touchdowns.[16][17] The next week the Dolphins defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship Game 45–28.[18] In that game, Marino set AFC Championship Game records with 421 passing yards and 4 touchdowns. Both records still stand as of 2019.

5000 yards back then was insane.