NYS ACA Insurance

17 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I’m retired and under age 65, but my wife is still working, so her job provides insurance for both of us.  My belief is that in NY, the exchange offers pretty good options.  My retired friends whose spouses don’t have insurance say that the lower price/higher deductible plans on the exchange are not too awful in terms of cost and coverage.  Not cheap, but doable.

Health insurance in general is not a cheap proposition. The really cheap insurance products save you money when paying the premiums. Those cheap products that offer skeletal coverage can be a financial disaster for you and your family if you get really sick. Good coverage and quality insurance is not cheap. Bad coverage and poor quality insurance can be ruinous to your financial well-being when you use it.

Let me add to the above comments. Insurance on the ACA sites are in general high quality products. They have to meet a standard to get on their sites.  If you are a smart and a good shopper you can find a product that can suit your particular needs. As you pointed out you can save money by selecting higher deductible products that will serve your needs and still provide you adequate enough coverage that will give you peace of mind. 

Edited by JohnC
editing
  • Like (+1) 2

On 8/27/2019 at 11:11 PM, mead107 said:

We picked up blue cross   Medicare starts 0ct 1 .  ge insurance ends end of September. Turn 65 October 31. 

Have you been deluged with phone and mail solicitations for medi-gap? I was overwhelmed with calls and mail box stuffing solicitations. 

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Have you been deluged with phone and mail solicitations for medi-gap? I was overwhelmed with calls and mail box stuffing solicitations. 

Yes. Because I worked at GE we had to go through VIA GE. To get the GE $1,000

• Like (+1) 1