Did Schobel Sign??

JimBob2232

A friend of mine just told me he saw that schobel signed a 5 year extension on espn..didnt see how much. 

Did anyone else see this?  I only ask because its possible he made this up.  He has been wrong on stuff like this before

22056[/snapback]

Havent seen or heard anything yet. AFAIK he's only under contract through this season.

A friend of mine just told me he saw that schobel signed a 5 year extension on espn..didnt see how much. 

Did anyone else see this?  I only ask because its possible he made this up.  He has been wrong on stuff like this before

22056[/snapback]

Could it have been one of the other two Schobels in the league?

what I saw is: Schobel signs extension through the 2005 season. Basically, we extened him 1 year. He probably figured it would give him more time to establish his value. We probably gave him a few million for next year. It'll be interesting to see the #s. Good move.

what I saw is: Schobel signs extension through the 2005 season. Basically, we extened him 1 year. He probably figured it would give him more time to establish his value. We probably gave him a few million for next year. It'll be interesting to see the #s. Good move.

22084[/snapback]

Pass the potatoes says 5-year deal

The contract extension is worth nearly $28 million in so-called new money, and Schobel received a $7 million signing bonus and will also earn a $2 million roster bonus next spring.

(ESPN.com)