Sin City

What an amazing movie.  Unlike any other movie I've ever seen.  A lot of good action sequences coupled with visuals that were impressive and unique.  I was a little bit worried when I saw the previews that the look of the movie would get annoying after a while.  That didn't turn out to be a problem.  Quite the opposite in fact. 

My recomendation comes with one caveat.  If you don't like violence, naked girls, or swearing then this isn't the movie for you.

294095[/snapback]

I saw Sin City Today and agree with you 100 percent.

I cannot believe that Entertainment Weekly gave it a C+, A+ all the way IMHO.

294484[/snapback]

C+ ?

I wonder what they gave steaming piles of garbage like Beauty Shop and Miss Congeniality 2 ??

Sin City is a very rare movie. I might go see it again tomorrow....

Now, to decide to take the wife or not...Hmmmmmmmm....

Talonz Posted Today, 12:12 AM

QUOTE(Tony the Tiger @ Apr 2 2005, 11:36 PM)

C+ ?

I wonder what they gave steaming piles of garbage like Beauty Shop and Miss Congeniality 2 ??

Sin City is a very rare movie. I might go see it again tomorrow....

Now, to decide to take the wife or not...Hmmmmmmmm....

That just goes to show you that you can never please everyone. I checked out the reviews over at rotten tomatoes, and EW was'nt the only publication to give Sin City a fair-to-bad review.

I do believe that Sin City will be a word-of-mouth-movie, and that will keep it going strong. Which is good considering the flaming piles of dung we have coming out next week in "Fever Pitch" & "Sahara".

It looks like it was co-directed by Robert Rodriquez, who directed the Spy Kids flicks.  He also did the Mariachi movies which explains the gore and violence.

294915[/snapback]

I guess it's almost panel for panel from the graphic novel which is why Rodriguez made Frank Miller his co-director. He wanted to ensure that it was done to his standards.

I guess it's almost panel for panel from the graphic novel which is why Rodriguez made Frank Miller his co-director. He wanted to ensure that it was done to his standards.

295010[/snapback]

Plus Quentin Tarrantino quest directed a segment. The one in the car with the talking corpse.