Vegas

That's friggin Murphy for ya ~

I imagine they won't let you check in on Saturday because they have to try to get as many people as possible to spend time there on the weekdays. That way folks have to spend more money and have more time to lose more gambling. Experience has shown people love to be there on the weekend so they make it harder to just go there on the weekend and get out.

There must be some hotels that will take you on a Saturday !

First off, thanks to those who contributed to the Vegas thread last week.  The family is looking to go there in June.  However we can only fly in on Saturday, and as luck would have it, most hotels don't let you check-in on Saturday.  WTF is with that? :angry:

294042[/snapback]

Something's wrong. What method are you using to look for hotels?

I've used everything.  And I've heard that that's the way they do things.  I was just wondering how they get away with it.  If you've used a method that's gotten you a Saturday check-in at a good hotel, do share!

294111[/snapback]

Have you tried a hotel off the strip?

CW

First off, thanks to those who contributed to the Vegas thread last week.  The family is looking to go there in June.  However we can only fly in on Saturday, and as luck would have it, most hotels don't let you check-in on Saturday.  WTF is with that? :angry:

294042[/snapback]

Many of the big hotels have a policy of no Saturday bookings without a Friday night stay - that's just how they do business,

There may also be an "BIG" convention in town that weekend

Best try the chain hotels around the city and look down in Henderson too

I live in Vegas and your WAY off-base. Hold on... I'm on the phone with the front desk at Bellagio now (no joke):

CD: Hi. Do you accept check-in on Saturday?

Front Desk: What do you mean?

CD: Can someone check in on Saturday?

FD: Of course, we're open 24-7.

CD: Yeah but can you, say, only spend one day there? Like check-in on Saturday and only stay for Saturday, if you wanted?

FD: Sure, if you had a reservation. We fill up pretty quickly...

CD:Have you worked for the front desk at any other properties?

FD: Yes, I worked for the Mirage.

CD: Do you think they have a policy like that?

FD: (laughs) No, thats sounds strange never heard of that.

CD: Thanks. Bye.

ACTUAL CONVERSATION NO JOKE.

Be sure you find out if there's a big convention in town that week. Sometimes hotels will institute strange policies to maximize profits during, say, COMDEX or CES.

Good luck.

heh-heh, luck, get it?

I live in Vegas and your WAY off-base. Hold on... I'm on the phone with the front desk at Bellagio now (no joke):

CD: Hi. Do you accept check-in on Saturday?

Front Desk: What do you mean?

CD: Can someone check in on Saturday?

FD: Of course, we're open 24-7.

CD: Yeah but can you, say, only spend one day there? Like check-in on Saturday and only stay for Saturday, if you wanted?

FD: Sure, if you had a reservation. We fill up pretty quickly...

CD:Have you worked for the front desk at any other properties?

FD: Yes, I worked for the Mirage.

CD: Do you think they have a policy like that?

FD: (laughs) No, thats sounds strange never heard of that.

CD: Thanks. Bye.

ACTUAL CONVERSATION NO JOKE.

Be sure you find out if there's a big convention in town that week. Sometimes hotels will institute strange policies to maximize profits during, say, COMDEX or CES.

Good luck.

heh-heh, luck, get it?

Thanks. Maybe I'll do the same and call the hotel, instead of going through the internet.

Just called Circus Circus (you know, for the kids) and they won't take a Saturday check-in for June 4th.  They will for June 11th, so it must be a convention weekend or something.  Damn!

294283[/snapback]

hmmm. Well, if you cant stay anywhere in Vegas in June you might want to book a little something on the Sun. :)

Just called Circus Circus (you know, for the kids) and they won't take a Saturday check-in for June 4th.  They will for June 11th, so it must be a convention weekend or something.  Damn!

294283[/snapback]

There is a trade show starting on June 4th and running through the 10th, but it's not that big a show (I know this because it's a show I attend every year). There are only about 25,000 attendees at best, and in Vegas that's a drop in the bucket compared to the 150,000+ that show up there for CES. Like I said, try Hotels.com. They seem to have plenty of options.

I believe this is mostly an internet only thing. I tried to book the same thing a year or two at the Flamingo and couldn't do it anywhere, expedia, travelocity, hotels.com, but when I called them directly it was fine. A good site for vegas hotel deals is Travelworm , become a member and you save an additional %5.

I believe this is mostly an internet only thing.  I tried to book the same thing a year or two at the Flamingo and couldn't do it anywhere, expedia, travelocity, hotels.com, but when I called them directly it was fine.  A good site for vegas hotel deals is Travelworm , become a member and you save an additional %5.

Thanks. Except I'm having the opposite problem, i.e. on-line it seems okay but when I call it's a problem. I think I'll be okay. Now I just have to pick a place.

Thanks.  Except I'm having the opposite problem, i.e. on-line it seems okay but when I call it's a problem.  I think I'll be okay.  Now I just have to pick a place.

295088[/snapback]

Its vegas, whatda need a room for? Also, why only fly in on Saturday?. If possible to change the dates, arriving Sunday will give you a better rates, and less hassle in everything from getting cabs to getting meals, and with lower limits at the tables.

Its vegas, whatda need a room for?  Also, why only fly in on Saturday?. If possible to change the dates, arriving Sunday will give you a better rates, and less hassle in everything from getting cabs to getting meals, and with lower limits at the tables.

Due to constraints, I/we can only really fly in on Saturday. It's just that that weekend is the most expensive for the next 4 months, because of some conventions. :devil: