Major League Baseball Predction Thread

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Braves are wearing their new alternative jersey on 13 Sunday's this year to celebrate their 13 divsion championships. Supposedly they are the red jerseys that have been introduced on MVP Baseball but they are being "offically" relased tomorrow in the exhibition game against the Indians.

Should be neat....

293719[/snapback]

You want a sneak peak?

New Braves Jersey

(I know, this would've been a good time to slip the Peter Pan link in)

AL East: Boston Red Sox

AL Central: Minnesota Twins

AL West: Los Angeles Angels of Anahiem

AL Wildcard: NY Yankees

American League Champion: Minnesota Twins

NL East: Atlanta Braves

NL Central: St Louis Cardinals

NL West: Arizona DiamondBacks

NL Wildcard: NY Mets

National League Champions: St Louis Cardinals

World Series Champions: Minnesota Twins

MVP (AL): Vlad Guerrero, Los Angeles Angels of Anahiem

MVP (NL): Troy Glaus, Arizona DiamondBacks

CY (AL): Johan Santana, Minnesota Twins

CY (NL): Roy Oswalt, Houston Astros

For what it's worth..

AL East: Yankees

AL Central: Twins

AL West: Orange County Angels

AL WC: A's

NL East: Braves (Until someone knocks them off, they deserve this)

NL Central: Cubs

NL West: Dodgers

NL Wild Card: Cardinals

WS: Yankees over Cardinals

MVP: Tejada=AL, Pujols=NL

Or it could be that their market size means that they will always have a built in revenue advantage.

The Bills are well run and have one of the most supportive fan bases in the NFL yet if revenue sharing didn't exist, they couldn't afford to stay in WNY. Should we just let the "free market" work in the NFL and have all the teams move to the biggest cities?

MLB's popularity has shrunk while the NFL has surpassed it. The very reason is that all of the teams and their fans know that if they run the business well, they can be competitive every year.

293722[/snapback]

I love the NFL but lets be real here:

NFL is perfectly suited for TV....games all about the same time...much better to market that way.

Gambling: MUCH more prevalent in the NFL and Im sorry, this does help the leagues popularity, no matter how you slice it, is it concidence that the Super Bowl and the NCAA Tournament are arguably the most popular events in this country and they are both bet on more then anything else?

Now the NBA has a cap, how come teams like the Los Angeles Clippers, Atlanta Hawks, Milwakee Bucks, and the Golden State Warriors always seem to tread water? In the NFL yes it is more competitive, but there are a few teams recently and over a long period of time (Detroit Lions and Arizona Cardinals) have been treading water for a LONG time, whats the problem there?

I believe 100 percent if you get the RIGHT baseball people with the RIGHT owner in ANY market, you can succeed. Florida, Oakland have proved that.

AL East New York

AL Central Minnesota

AL West Aneheim

Wild Card Texas

boston nightmare will be over

Jason Giambi will have come back year and prove it wasnt all steroids.....

winner - Aneheim

NL East Alanta

NL Central St. Louis

NL West San Diego

Wild Card Philadelphia

Winner - Philadelphia

Aneheim will win World Series over Philadelphia

========================

AL East: New York Yankees

AL Central: Chicago White Sox

AL West: Oakland Athletics

AL Wildcard: Boston Red Sox

American League Champion: New York Yankees

=========================

NL East: New York Mets

NL Central: Chicago Cubs

NL West: Los Angeles Dodgers

NL Wildcard: Atlanta Braves

National League Champions: New York Mets - Oh yeah Subway Series!

=========================

World Series Champions: New York Yankees

==========================

MVP (AL): Gary Sheffield, New York Yankees

MVP (NL): Carlos Beltran, New York Mets

CY (AL): Randy Johnson, NY Yankees

CY (NL): Eric Gagne, Los Angeles Dodgers

293618[/snapback]

But I thought they removed Sheffield's intravenous steroid feeding tube..

AL East        New York

AL Central    Minnesota

AL West        Aneheim

Wild Card      Texas

boston nightmare will be over

Jason Giambi will have come back year and prove it wasnt all steroids.....

winner -        Aneheim

NL East          Alanta

NL Central      St. Louis

NL West        San Diego

Wild Card      Philadelphia

Winner  -      Philadelphia

Aneheim will win World Series  over Philadelphia

293741[/snapback]

Millbank---Giambi was a .281 22 homer 80 RBI guy before he started juicing.

I think that is what can be expected.

Here are my picks:

AL East: Boston Red Sox

AL Central: Minnesota Twins

AL West: LA Angels

AL Wildcard: Yanks

American League Champion: Twins

NL East: Atlanta Braves

NL Central: St Louis Cardinals

NL West: San Diego Padres

NL Wildcard: NY Mets

National League Champions: San Diego Padres

World Series Champions: Padres

MVP (AL): Vlad Guerrerro (Angels)

MVP (NL): Albert Puljos, (St Louis Cardinals)

CY (AL): Barry Zito (A's)

CY (NL): Jake Peavy (Padres)

The championship is all that matters? Then why do we care so much about getting to the playoffs or having a 9-7 season over a 6-10 season?

Small market teams can consistently compete in the NFL. Most teams' fans garner some hope that they can be the next San Diego Chargers. Most fans of baseball teams feel like they have no shot year after year. The Twins and As may not spend that much but they play in weaker divisions (unbalanced schedules benefit them significantly) and have benefited from being lucky enough to have much shrewder management. Having that kind of organization that can occasionally challenge teams spending twice, three or four times more than them is extremely rare. They are lucky enough to have it.

It is extremely hypocritical for Bills fans to be saying how income disparities are good for baseball when the Bills would either be 2-14 or out of Buffalo if the salary cap didn't exist.

293711[/snapback]

The A's played in a weaker division????than who???--The AL west has been a powerhouse from the late 90's up until just last year when they dipped slightly---Get your facts straight.

Yeah Exactly Tcali!

Such a powerhouse...

1 Team from the ALW making the World Series since 1995

:angry:

294171[/snapback]

I didnt say 1995.I said late 90's up until last year.Seattle was verry strong as well as Anaheim and Oakland.Probably the strongest division.Yanks just happened to be the great team of this era. We are talking divisional sttrength.Nice try.

The A's played in a weaker division????than who???--The AL west has been a powerhouse from the late 90's up until just last year when they dipped slightly---Get your facts straight.

294170[/snapback]

All right, I already said that I was not going to get into further discussion over this stuff, since this was a prediction thread. But people keep on attacking what I said. So, I regrettably have to weigh back in.

It is more so with the AL Central, but the AL West is weaker than the AL East. The unbalanced schedule within divisions make teams in weaker divisions have higher records than they would normally.

To prove me wrong you'd have to show that the AL West is a better division than the AL East. Now, top to bottom maybe you could prove this using a long enough time frame and show that, but at the top, the AL East has been better. It is much harder for the small market teams in the AL East to compete when they have to beat out the teams with the two highest payrolls. It is self-perpetuating as free agents will avoid the small market teams in the AL East specifically because they feel that there is little chance to compete with those two clubs. Eventually I think the Yankees will get too old and the Red Sox will have some bad luck with injuries and such but that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

Millbank---Giambi was a .281 22 homer 80 RBI guy before he started juicing.

I think that is what can be expected.

294162[/snapback]

- that could very well be , but its my opinion he will do much better than that and come very close to number he did with steroids and in doing so prove that it also can be done without steroids we will talk again in October :)