mlb tv

iommi

was wondering if anyone subscribed to mlb tv online, and what there opinions of the service was quality, blackouts, etc....thanks

292635[/snapback]

I subscribe to it and I love it. The picture is small if you're sitting close but if you maximize the image to full screen and sit a couple feet back, it looks fine. The only blacked out games are the ones that are on in your area or could be on in your area (this sucks when FOX has three games to show on Saturday and you miss all three regardless of which one your affiliate is showing). You do need a high speed connection (I have cable) to ensure it works.

I paid $100 to have the ALL ACCESS package for the season. Hope that helps.

I had the audio for the past 3 years and it's very clear. I know this does not pertain to the video. I wish I could afford that but TBS carries most of the Braves games and I don't really need it. I wish I could afford the price tag for video.

I was considering it this year but between YES, MSG, TBS and ESPN there usually is at least one game on per night.

Now if I could only get Turner South I'd be happy....

293019[/snapback]

Aren't YES and MSG blacked out for you?

Anyone by the MLB TV package? Worth the bucks or is the season just to stinkin long to keep you interested?

Aren't YES and MSG blacked out for you? 

Anyone by the MLB TV package?  Worth the bucks or is the season just to stinkin long to keep you interested?

293034[/snapback]

Nope. I watched quite a few Yanks games last year and whenever the Braves were playing the Mets I would watch on MSG if it wasn't on TBS. I hope this hasn't changed. I know the Yanks will still be on YES b/c I've caught a few of their spring training games.

Nope. I watched quite a few Yanks games last year and whenever the Braves were playing the Mets I would watch on MSG if it wasn't on TBS. I hope this hasn't changed. I know the Yanks will still be on YES b/c I've caught a few of their spring training games.

293040[/snapback]

Sucks! (for me) I have the sports package on DTV and get all the channels. Whenever a major league game is on (baseball, basketball, hockey?) it's blacked out. How you doin that?

Sucks! (for me)  I have the sports package on DTV and get all the channels.  Whenever a major league game is on (baseball, basketball, hockey?) it's blacked out.  How you doin that?

293075[/snapback]

I have cable, so that must be the difference. I only got TBS and the ESPN games when I had DTV a few years ago.

The only reason I switched over was for Road Runner but I like having the additional channels come baseball season.