Chris Simms DT top 7

Pete

9 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

The best DT and Edge rusher with first two picks. Oliver/Gary, Burns? What if Devon White is there at 9? I doubt it, but do you find a way to get him involved? 

if there's no oliver or sweat at 9 yet devin white is, i bet there will be plenty of trade opportunities.

On 4/13/2019 at 9:55 AM, mannc said:

Except that Simms says Lawrence is far more than a space-eater.  He ranks him above Oliver, the guy many project to us at 9.  Not sure if he’s right, but it shows the subjectivity of this process and is another argument not to panic and trade up for a defensive lineman in this draft.  

I would love to see us go offense at 9 and take the best remaining DL at 40.  There will be a good one there. Or, even better, trade 9 for the Raider’s two late first rounders.

Ordinarily I would agree with you.  The Bills seem to want to use their first 2 picks to get real studs who are impact players.  I think that (listening to the "experts") that the top 3 DT are impact players.  We need a 3 technique DT, and an impact one is there.  We could also get a decent DT in the 2nd or 3rd round if there is a bigger impact player available.  I say go for Oliver.

Oliver of course. I also like Gary...both players are absolute athletes with disruptive qualities. There are a few more that intrigue me as well. Bills need to be in the backfield, and we need players that know how to get there.