The legend of Joe Girard

Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Tierlifer said:

I was lucky enough to be at the game as it was right in my backyard. Packed house and great atmosphere. Coach Boeheim and GMac were there  too. Fun to see and he’s got ice in his veins. 

I followed this game on our local newspaper's blog (I'm from Queensbury, which basically envelopes Glens Falls).  Very exciting.  JGIII scored all of Glens Falls' points in the third quarter and it seemed like every point in the 4th/OT was scored by one of the three Girards on the team.

Must have been cool to see.

Glens Falls/Queensbury have churned out a few pros over the years.  Dave LaPoint (world series winner with STL), Dave Palmer (Expos) and Jimmer Fredette went to GF; Adam Terry (OL - Ravens) went to Queensbury.  Not sure if Girard's path will lead to the NBA, but I can't wait to watch him play for Syracuse.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I followed this game on our local newspaper's blog (I'm from Queensbury, which basically envelopes Glens Falls).  Very exciting.  JGIII scored all of Glens Falls' points in the third quarter and it seemed like every point in the 4th/OT was scored by one of the three Girards on the team.

Must have been cool to see.

Glens Falls/Queensbury have churned out a few pros over the years.  Dave LaPoint (world series winner with STL), Dave Palmer (Expos) and Jimmer Fredette went to GF; Adam Terry (OL - Ravens) went to Queensbury.  Not sure if Girard's path will lead to the NBA, but I can't wait to watch him play for Syracuse.

Very cool! Are you guys getting the NYS hoops championship back? I never know how that works and thought I read it’s coming back your way. Go figure...it was held in Glens Falls all those years and it makes an appearance in Binghamton briefly and GF wins it here haha.

by the way I love that arena up there, way back in the late 80s/early 90s I used to go watch my Whalers and Rangers play up there. That place never ages and love the set up. 

44 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

Very cool! Are you guys getting the NYS hoops championship back? I never know how that works and thought I read it’s coming back your way. Go figure...it was held in Glens Falls all those years and it makes an appearance in Binghamton briefly and GF wins it here haha.

by the way I love that arena up there, way back in the late 80s/early 90s I used to go watch my Whalers and Rangers play up there. That place never ages and love the set up. 

Yes, we got them back recently.  Was BS when we lost them.  The Road to Glens Falls was a wonderful thing. Glad to see it made right again.

The Glens Falls Civic Center (now the Cool Insuring Arena (CIA)) has had its ups and downs.  New ownership and management have done very good things.  Tried to secure an AHL team, but it didn't work out.  Glens Falls was home to the Adirondack Red Wings during my youth (80s) and when we lost them, it was tough.

Rush, Van Halen, Ozzy, David Lee Roth, the Who ... and Queen (my first show) all played in Glens Falls back in the 70s and 80s.  I wish there was more of a demand for bands to play arenas with capacities under 10,000.  I hope someday it swings back.  Glens Falls is a nice little city and they're moving in the right direction.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Yes, we got them back recently.  Was BS when we lost them.  The Road to Glens Falls was a wonderful thing. Glad to see it made right again.

The Glens Falls Civic Center (now the Cool Insuring Arena (CIA)) has had its ups and downs.  New ownership and management have done very good things.  Tried to secure an AHL team, but it didn't work out.  Glens Falls was home to the Adirondack Red Wings during my youth (80s) and when we lost them, it was tough.

Rush, Van Halen, Ozzy, David Lee Roth, the Who ... and Queen (my first show) all played in Glens Falls back in the 70s and 80s.  I wish there was more of a demand for bands to play arenas with capacities under 10,000.  I hope someday it swings back.  Glens Falls is a nice little city and they're moving in the right direction.

It’s very similar in size as my beloved and outdated Broome Co Arena. Your setup is better as we have no seats in the corners. I remember when rock concerts would tour you’d almost always see Binghamton and Glens Falls on the same leg of the tour within days of each other. 

I saw Ken Quinney score a hat trick up there one Friday night. That was a long and dreadful 3 plus our in sh*t weather home haha. 

It belongs up there and glad it’s back to where it belongs but it was a nice event to have for my town for a few years. 

• Thank you (+1) 1