Damon's on Sheridan Dr

elcrusho

Wish they'd put one here in Jacksonville. They're getting pretty good about the popular chain type restaraunts here but no Damon's.... They need an Olive Garden too. An Olive Garden would make a killing here as there aren't really any good Italian places here.

Wish they'd put one here in Jacksonville. They're getting pretty good about the popular chain type restaraunts here but no Damon's.... They need an Olive Garden too. An Olive Garden would make a killing here as there aren't really any good Italian places here.

289935[/snapback]

Okay, not to be snobby, but you claim to be from WNY and call Olive Garden good Italian.

Rich, I'll treat you if we ever get together face to face because thanks to you I almost got to a game last year. Now if I can only get tickets AND time off!!  :doh:

289942[/snapback]

Yeah, that sucked. I hope I can help you out again this year.

Okay, not to be snobby, but you claim to be from WNY and call Olive Garden good Italian.

289943[/snapback]

You know what? That's a very valid point and it goes to show you what being away for 17 years will do to you. Olive Garden has BECOME good Italian to me, (other than home cooked of course). So with very much shame, I apologize... :doh::)

289943[/snapback]

I was going to post the same thing.

Their soup is ok. Other than that... Blech.

Anyone in the Twin Cities area that wants some REALLY good (fancy) Italian food should check out Mama Maria's in North Hudson. It's REALLY good.

http://www.explorewisconsin.com/MamaMariasItalianRestaurant/

I'm 50% Italian (my grandmother and mother both came over in 1954), and I love the food there.

CW

My wife loves Italian food. I like it too, just not to the same extremes as her. That said, she also love the Olive Garden. Not that we haven't had better (there's a few pretty good places in Little Italy here in Baltimore; Luigi Petti is very good, but not cheap), mind you, but that is what she likes.

You know what? That's a very valid point and it goes to show you what being away for 17 years will do to you. Olive Garden has BECOME good Italian to me, (other than home cooked of course). So with very much shame, I apologize... :doh:  ;)

289948[/snapback]

:):D