Beef on Wek ...Where is the Best?

kwe

I spent a helluva lotta time there the week of the Bills first Super Bowl, and actually brought a VHS tape of the sound 51-3 thrashing of the Raiders in the AFC Championship that the guys at the bar played over and over all week on the TVs. That place was great. I think the dude who owns it is from Buffalo.

289437[/snapback]

Yes he is, not much other info on him. His manager lived right across the street from me. Always got some pretty good deals when I went there. Last I heard he sold the place and opened a new place. With the season coming up soon, I’m sure I’ll here about it.

Damn, Dog, is there any place you haven’t been? :)

Sonny's was the best :blink:

You're absolutely correct.

Anderson's is a nice, family oriented place with very reasonable prices.

You won't have any concerns about some grungy looking barfly whose barstool has become a permanent fixture on his ass, eyeballing you, the wife, and kids while you enjoy a meal out.

Previously, I gave a brief overview of the most popular Beef on Weck joints.

Some are more dinner/beer places, Some are better Sunday afternoon after church with the kids places.

I've had Anderson's Carl's Choice BoW as recently as last summer, and it was quite good. Every establishment offers slight differences in rolls, cut of beef or whatever, but bottom line - Anderson's tastes good. Comparing it to Arby's is like comparing La Nova to Pizza Hut.

I'm sure some of the local favorites of the South Buffalo boys are very charming places. It must bring back a lot of great memories from the days when their alchoholic fathers used to babysit them at the corner gin mills all Saturday afternoon, supplying them with quarters to play pinball and that metal disk bowling game in the back room, while dad smoked a couple packs of Camels and downed boiler makers, totally unaware of where the kids were.

288872[/snapback]

lol....lol----good old rotting away south buffalo..

ANDERSONS SUCKS......Its like Arbys....There is no waty your a real Buffaloian and thinks Andersons is the best Beef...

BAR BILL in East Aurora is the best in the area second is Steves Pig and OX Roast  in Lacawanna.......

Andersons ???????? Im sorry but only northtowns rich boys who dont know any better like that crap.

288727[/snapback]

I would have to agree, BAR BILL is the best beef on weck in Western NY, lots of tender beef, freshly cut, and fresh kmwick roll.