You want to get this LJ Shelton trade accelerated?

It would be a great negoiating ploy. Show Arizona that we are not playing around and that we're not desperate. Either come to terms or we'll look elsewhere. It's always best to deal from a position of strength rather than weakness. Sign Anderson or someone comparable and watch how fast this trade moves along.

How does signing a fat guard help us negotiate for a LT?

Most likely we'll do something like switch later round picks,like our 4th for their 5th or 5&6 switch to get them to switch 2nd rounders. It's not about the players at this point, it's about negotiating how to get Arizona's 2nd to draft a G capable of starting as a rookie.

PS: If we sign Fatso, we don't need to move up.

How does signing a fat guard help us negotiate for a LT? 

Most likely we'll do something like switch later round picks,like our 4th for their 5th or 5&6 switch to get them to switch 2nd rounders.  It's not about the players at this point, it's about negotiating how to get Arizona's 2nd to draft a G capable of starting as a rookie.

PS: If we sign Fatso, we don't need to move up.

288290[/snapback]

I disgaree. If we sign Bennie Anderson and trade for shelton a move up is still good it could help us land TE Alex smith from stanford or olb Kevin Burnett from Tenn. Two other needs we have.

I disgaree. If we sign Bennie Anderson and trade for shelton a move up is still good it could help us land TE Alex smith from stanford or olb Kevin Burnett from Tenn. Two other needs we have.

288292[/snapback]

TE makes sense. I can't imagine using our top pick on a LB when we have OL, TE & possibly a CB need if we don't plan on resigning Nate. OLB is a low priority, especially with our 1st pick.

TE makes sense.  I can't imagine using our top pick on a LB when we have OL, TE & possibly a CB need if we don't plan on resigning Nate.  OLB is a low priority, especially with our 1st pick.

288301[/snapback]

I disagree. I believe Posey is in the last year of his contract, and we have no depth at all. Now some of the guys behind the 3 starters maybe good, but they rarely see the field. You would expect if they were solid, they would see the field on occassion to spell our starters but they don't. That to me signals a huge dropoff in talent that must be addressed.