Sounds like JP

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...SPGEGBU2KB1.DTL

Asked if he wanted a quarterback who would look people in the eye, Nolan said, "Yes. You want guys also, when he gets in there, the other 10 guys know this is our guy who's going to work." Then Nolan turned to a reporter at his side and said, "I'm with you."

"Certainly, the physical things are what everybody sees and that's all very valuable and that's what gets guys in the (mix)," Nolan said. "To me, the intangible things are really critical. All my years in coaching, those were the guys that were tough to beat, the guys that were good leaders, the guys that commanded the offense, the guys that were very competitive.

"The important thing for me is who's going to get in that huddle, command that huddle, have command presence."

Reading this gets me pumped that we moved up to steal a QB that has the necessary skills and presence to succeed and lead a team. Im ready to cheer this kid on!

Asked if he wanted a quarterback who would look people in the eye, Nolan said, "Yes. You want guys also, when he gets in there, the other 10 guys know this is our guy who's going to work." Then Nolan turned to a reporter at his side and said, "I'm with you."

"Certainly, the physical things are what everybody sees and that's all very valuable and that's what gets guys in the (mix)," Nolan said. "To me, the intangible things are really critical. All my years in coaching, those were the guys that were tough to beat, the guys that were good leaders, the guys that commanded the offense, the guys that were very competitive.

"The important thing for me is who's going to get in that huddle, command that huddle, have command presence."

Reading this gets me pumped that we moved up to steal a QB that has the necessary skills and presence to succeed and lead a team.  Im ready to cheer this kid on!

286434[/snapback]

It is those intangibles that give me some hope for this season.......

It is those intangibles that give me some hope for this season.......

286541[/snapback]

Agreed. Since DB didn't pan out, why not take the shot with JP? We would all like it if a top, cheaply-priced vet came here banging down the door to play for the Bills, but that is a fantasy.

I'm optimistic, too. It worked out pretty well for Cincy with Palmer, after a 1 and 5 start, he recovered and started to see more of the field, and if he didn't get injured against NE, the B'gals likely were in the playoffs.

That can happen here, too.

Reading this gets me pumped that we moved up to steal a QB that has the necessary skills and presence to succeed and lead a team.  Im ready to cheer this kid on!

286434[/snapback]

Good post, I agree. Nolan probably had JP in mind when he said this. You see, there have been many great quarterbacks, but JP is greater than great.

Last season, he fully proved that he has evey single tool that he needs. There is ZERO doubt that he can handle any situation, and it was heart warming to watch the players gather around him for guidance.

With JP at the helm, the regular season in 05 is a mere formality. The superbowl is ours, and Canton is his!

Let us hereby proclaim......JP is already the best quarterback who ever lived!!!!!

Good post, I agree. Nolan probably had JP in mind when he said this. You see, there have been many great quarterbacks, but JP is greater than great.

Last season, he fully proved that he has evey single tool that he needs. There is ZERO doubt that he can handle any situation, and it was heart warming to watch the players gather around him for guidance.

With JP at the helm, the regular season in 05 is a mere formality. The superbowl is ours, and Canton is his!

Let us hereby proclaim......JP is already the best quarterback who ever lived!!!!!

286758[/snapback]

Beautiful call NYC. I agree with you and I am looking forward to the Bills finally winning the big one. So, tell me, who gets the credit DB for quitting, MM for going with his instincts, or TD?