"Commander Tom"?????

When did Commander Tom become the new slander label for TD? With Weiler I expect such colorful nicknames, but now Pat Murray from Niagara Gazette has also taken to call him that.

Are these two writers really the same person or is this just lazy journalism?

When did Commander Tom become the new slander label for TD?  With Weiler I expect such colorful nicknames, but now Pat Murray from Niagara Gazette has also taken to call him that.

Are these two writers really the same person or is this just lazy journalism?

285810[/snapback]

I thought "Ole' Whitey" was still the standard?

I guess I'm just surprised that a writer for what I thought was a reputable newspaper would so blatantly rip off such a sophomoric insult, especially when it is so obvious that he stole it from another writer.

I guess I'll have add Murray to the ever growing list of "professional" sports writers who exist only to spew their vitriol and negativity (or report as news tips from "fans").

I guess I'm just surprised that a writer for  what I thought was a reputable newspaper would so blatantly rip off such a sophomoric insult, especially when it is so obvious that he stole it from another writer.

I guess I'll have add Murray to the ever growing list of "professional" sports writers who exist only to spew their vitriol and negativity (or report as news tips from "fans").

285884[/snapback]

Who's that guy in your avatar?

Who's that guy in your avatar?

285953[/snapback]

Captain Lawrence E. G. Oates. He was one of the members of the doomed Scott expedition to the South Pole. On March 17th, Oates, when he knew he was going to die, left the tent that he and three others were sheltered in. He thought that by leaving he would help prolong the lives of the others by not taking any of the few supplies they had left. His only words to his companions before he left are quoted in my sig line.

Unfortunately, the other three only live 12 day longer than he did. The most horrible part of the whole story is that they were only eight miles from a cache of supplies that might have saved their lives.

I think it was one of the most courageous acts I've ever heard of.

A friend of mine is a Cleveland Browns fan and he says

that Donahoe looks like a "ghoul"

At first I defended Donahoe on this......

but the more I see him the more it actually seems to fit.

not that there is anything wrong with that

285863[/snapback]

Kill the brain and you kill the ghoul.