why arizona should trade for henry

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/crdindex.htm

they have never had a rusher run for 1100 yards since they went to Phoenix in the late 1980s! and only three times have guys have rushed for 1000 yards: adrian murrell in 1998 (1042 yards; 3.8 ypc), garrison hearst in 1995 (1070 yards; 3.8 ypc), and ronald moore in 1993 (1018 yards; 3.9 ypc). in not one of these instances did the back average 4 yards!!

that's an incredible, incredible record of futility. one could easily argue that henry is the best runner the franchise could have since o.j. anderson in his early years. coincidentally, he's the last guy who rushed for 1100+ yards, and that occurred in 1984. if i'm arizona, i'd end this grim record and get a proven (albeit not superstar) back, even if it means swapping third or even second round picks with the bills.

I think the greatest incentive to trade for Henry is that it will free up their first round selection to improve their dismal Defense (most notably, their CBs). If they dont do the trade, they'll be forced to take a RB and neglect their Defense yet again. Or they could get Henry without losing an offensive starter, draft a player like Antrel Rolle or another stud CB and get better all around.

Just makes sense to me...but these are the Cards we are talking about here...lets hope they finally see the light.

I think the greatest incentive to trade for Henry is that it will free up their first round selection to improve their dismal Defense (most notably, their CBs).  If they dont do the trade, they'll be forced to take a RB and neglect their Defense yet again.  Or they could get Henry without losing an offensive starter, draft a player like Antrel Rolle or another stud CB and get better all around.

Just makes sense to me...but these are the Cards we are talking about here...lets hope they finally see the light.

284990[/snapback]

If the top 3 RBs are off the board when the Cards only then could I see them swapping for Henry, as I have a feeling they like those 3 RBs more then Henry right now and that's why we haven't seen a trade.

I think the greatest incentive to trade for Henry is that it will free up their first round selection to improve their dismal Defense (most notably, their CBs).  If they dont do the trade, they'll be forced to take a RB and neglect their Defense yet again.  Or they could get Henry without losing an offensive starter, draft a player like Antrel Rolle or another stud CB and get better all around.

284990[/snapback]

indeed, it's the cards; they've done everything wrong for so long that doing the right thing may cause a severe allergic reaction. all the same, i would think that adding the 2 of no decent running back for 20 years to the 2 of being a lousy team for 20 years might lead them to the 4 of trying to get a solid running back.