Bills Defense is Overrated. They Choked.

Kevin1778

6 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

With 4 minutes to go in the game the Bills punted with a 3 point lead. The punting game pinned the Texans to their 8 yard line.  The Defense CHOKED and allowed the Texans to march 91 yards on 7 plays in less than 2 minutes. Had the Defense done their job and held the Bills win. When a backup QB making only 600k a year comes into a game trailing and gives the Defense the lead the Defense has to step up and do their job. They failed. Yes, the offense has let them down all year long, but with the game on the line and needing only one stop after an incredible punt, the Defense was carved up by a team that did NOTHING all game. When the game was on the line the Bills Defense didn't get their job done.

They are the 21st rated Defense when it comes to allowing 3rd Down conversions. They don't produce when it matters. Elite defenses don't give up big drives when the game is on the line and they show up on 3rd down.

image.png.48dde34efef52c6aa16c6c68373dd90b.png

23 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Its hard to win this way though. 

The 2000 Tennessee Titans gave up 11.5 ppg to the Ravens 10.3 ppg.

They were historically great. But they got beat in the Playoffs. 

The 49ers of a few years ago were neck and neck with the Seahawks. 

But in the end, nobody remembers those guys. 

If the Bills aren't the best defense by ALOT then they won't be able to win games against good teams in the Playoffs this way. 

Seattle led the league in scoring defense for 4-5 years in a row.  

Oh I entirely agree - just noting the odd similarities between that hawks team and the Bills this year, and if it were to work, how it might look.

I don't want to see a defensively dominant team with an offense that can barely demand it's own worth in salary. I'd like to see a competent offense capable of putting up two to three scores a game consistently.