Dolphins game might be moved

Hurricane Ivan might hit south florida this week end the national weather service said this one might be the worst hurricane of the 3. The nfl might have to move this game or

play it friday or thursday what do you guys think they should  do about this situation.

21171[/snapback]

Rescind the franchise of the fishies, burn their uniforms, and delete all of their games from the record books.

I actually want the Dolphins to play that game.  They should lose, and no way do I want them to miss out on playing a physical team like the breasts, er, Oilers, er, Flaming Thumbtacks...

21240[/snapback]

Too funny - The Titans' T does look like a Flaming Thumbtack!!! :rolleyes::o:w00t::)

Too funny - The Titans' T does look like a Flaming Thumbtack!!! :rolleyes:  :o  :w00t:  :)

21275[/snapback]

You need to read Gregg Easterbrook's columns on NFL (previously on ESPN until he got his keyboard slapped). He has great names for all teams, and gives a unique view and interesting analysis of the games.

You need to read Gregg Easterbrook's columns on NFL (previously on ESPN until he got his keyboard slapped).  He has great names for all teams, and gives a unique view and interesting analysis of the games.

21300[/snapback]

I still contend he stole that particular one from me, not the other way around. I do like his "indigenous persons" diatribe for the Dreadfulskins.

The latest projected path for hurricane Ivan places Florida at only a slight risk on having Ivan pay a visit, at least South Florida. The mosst likely path at the moment has it squeezing between Cuba and the Yucatan Peninsula into the Gulf of Mexico, where it could threaten anywhere on the Gulf coast from the Florida panhandle to New Orleans. I see New Orleans opens with a home game versus Seattle. It might be that they are the team that should have second thoughs about hosting their opener.

New Orleans could have a home game in a dome be called due to weather? Crazy stuff.

Nobody will know for sure where the hurricane is going until it almost arrives. If it ends up staying a major hurricane and is projected to hit Miami then just make them play or have Miami forefit. Can't be calling football games due to a little rain & wind. I'd certainly watch the game.

I remember people talking about switching the Bills-Dolphins game in Miami last year because of the same thing.