Ex Bill, Charlie Rogers, Youth Coach Par Excellence

Charlie Rogers is now a youth football coach.  Angry that one of his players moved to another team, he called up the player's dad and threatened to go after the 11 year old kid in an upcoming game.

"We're going to blitz every f---ing play until your guy comes out the game, or don't bring him to the game...   You know I'm pissed off about this s--t right here, and I'm telling y'all, swear to God, we are going to blitz — we don't give a f--- if we give up a pass or not — we're blitzing everybody."

The league suspended Rogers one game.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/2018/09/06/ex-nfl-player-charlie-rogers-reveals-plan-injure-11-year-old-player/1213242002/

Edited by hondo in seattle

15 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Seems like a swell man.  Even better that the ass clown didn't get thrown out of the league

Rogers clearly doesn't get sportsmanship, child safety, or even basic civility.  Judging from this incident, he's not the kind of guy you'd want around kids.  

But I guess the league is willing to ignore Rogers' issues in order to say they have an ex NFLer working in their league.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

Apparently, he didn't learn from his prior experience.

A former NFL football player and Matawan High School standout was arrested on Monday for having a sword during an altercation at the township's middle school last month, police said.

John "Charlie" Rogers Jr., 42, was charged with making terroristic threats, stalking and weapons offenses. He was taken to the Monmouth County jail in Freehold following his arrest.