Dish Network vs. Direct TV

Hey Everyone,

I need satellite advice. I hate Time Warner cable! I'm getting a home theater system and was wondering what people on the board recommend between the satellite options: Dish Network or Direct TV ?

Both seem to be priced about the same. Any experience with the service/reception/features of each? Thanks for your help.

Go Bills!

Can you get the Sunday Ticket on Dish Network? It used to not be available to them but maybe times have changed. Anyways go with Direct TV IMHO.

20722[/snapback]

I thought DirecTV bought out Dish Network recently. If so, maybe you can get Sunday Ticket with the Dish Network. I have had DirecTV for over 3 years and until a better option WITH Sunday Ticket comes along, I'll continue to have it.

I thought DirecTV bought out Dish Network recently.  If so, maybe you can get Sunday Ticket with the Dish Network.  I have had DirecTV for over 3 years and until a better option WITH Sunday Ticket comes along, I'll continue to have it.

20726[/snapback]

The directv/dish network merger was shot down by the courts. If you want NFL Sunday ticket the only place to get it is Directv. That may change in the future, but thats how it stands today.

wow, Fezmid hasn't touched this one yet? Amazing :rolleyes:

Go DirecTV. I started with Dish back in 95ish. Got the big run around from their service dept. Switched to DirecTV and never had a problem since (about 97)

wow, Fezmid hasn't touched this one yet?  Amazing :rolleyes:

Go DirecTV.  I started with Dish back in 95ish.  Got the big run around from their service dept.  Switched to DirecTV and never had a problem since (about 97)

20821[/snapback]

I don't need to anymore, I've trained my minions to do that for me. :unsure:

DirecTV is exclusive for Sunday ticket through the 2005 season. After that, they're exclusive to sattelite until 2008 (I believe). So it's a no-brainer if you want Sunday Ticket.

DirecTV also has better, more reliable hardware from everything I"ve read. However, if you just want basic TV, I believe that Dish has a lower-cost base package than DirecTV. I think one of my coworkers only pays $25/month. But again, no Ticket.

CW

Since he's in Rochester... I don't think Sunday Ticket is his goal....

My inlaws have DTV (no ST) and they haven't had many problems other than when they bring their box to Mex since there's no cable there. otherwise they love DTV.

I don't have either, so I can only speak from indirect experience.