At least we got him at #7 and not at #5...

...because I have to assume it would have taken at least little more than the two second rounders to get there. So, thanks to the Browns for taking Ward and opening up Chubb for Denver?

According to Jeff Legwold of ESPN.com, Elway said after the first round that he had discussed a possible deal with the Bills for the fifth pick, but those talks were shelved when he had the opportunity to draft N.C. State defensive end Bradley Chubb.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-round-1-recap-grades-for-every-pick-from-baker-mayfield-to-lamar-jackson/

Though I suppose if you're not happy with the pick anyway that's little consolation (I'm ok with it, now that the hangover is wearing off). I wonder what the cost for #5 would have been if Denver had moved out.

12 minutes ago, billspro said:

Ya, we would have lost our 1st round pick. Who ended up being an elite LB. I still can't believe we got Edmunds that late. 

Yup, top player, AND fills a big need, hard to argue with that one and it really took the edge off the evening for me.