4-13: Ian Wharton Talks NFL Draft on WGR

Just now, billykay said:

Ya know - 6'3 & 213 lbs is not skinny. 6'3 & 213 lbs is ripped. He would also be the fastest guy on our team. And, like you say, he can easily add 7 or 8 lbs. I would prefer a trade up but I would be very satisfied with Lamar at #12.

He's still rather wiry with a pretty narrow base. 

14 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He'd have to sit behind AJM for a season. 

So be it. I have no problem with that apprenticeship. The one benefit of having a qb such as Jackson is that he can be used situationally, just like the Bills used Webb. There are legitimate reasons why not to draft qbs such as Allen and Jackson. Not being able to play right away is not a reason to not do so. The Browns brought in Tyrod despite the probability that they will use their first or fourth pick in the draft for a qb. Odds are their rookie qb is not going to play right away. 

Edited by JohnC

17 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Rosen is so much better. This is seriously like how Aaron Rodgers fell. Everyone is like uhhh what that's the best QB in a long time what is going on. I love when people say trust the "experts" but the fact of the matter is that like any workplace it gets political, people talking a big game trying to justify their position in the pecking order, trying to do way too much. Just take the best freaking QB and stop with all of this other nonsense

Rodgers didn't play for 2 years... it's hard to say how much that factored into how he performed when his chance arrived.

2 minutes ago, Jamie Mueller said:

Rodgers didn't play for 2 years... it's hard to say how much that factored into how he performed when his chance arrived.

true but he was ready. Favre just kept retiring then unretiring and after doing that twice the Packers were finally like no we don't want one of the best QB's ever to play for us anymore, we think we have just as good of a QB in Rodgers and he has been ready to play for a while.  also Favre definitely did not help in his development, he was a jerk to Rodgers the whole time seeing him as a threat.  that's probably why he retired and then unretired.  he wanted the Packers to say we want you more than Rodgers so it was like an ego trip.