What If A QB Says No? Can They Say No Any More?

14 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Again, not my opinion but rather opinions of lawyers when the issue came up in the past. I do not need convincing, nor do I need explanations as to why the draft exists today. I understand the arguments for and against it, and there are certainly opinions on both sides as to what could occur if it were legally challenged in a court of law. I was merely responding to a question posed as to why it exists in its current form today, and why eliminating it via legal challenge could end the league as we know it. An earlier post in the thread seemed to be banging a drum for ending the draft, so I replied to that. 

You asserted that it was illegal.

The CBA makes it legal because it's agreed upon.

Challenging it in court most likely wouldn't do anything since it's bound by contract.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

You asserted that it was illegal.

The CBA makes it legal because it's agreed upon.

Challenging it in court most likely wouldn't do anything since it's bound by contract.

Again it's not my opinion. I'm not a lawyer. There are legal opinions on both sides as to what would/ could happen if it were challenged. Stating any one of them as fact could be true or not. It's has been opined by legal pundits that on its own, the draft is probably illegal. I'm not making it up. I'm not saying I have an opinion on it one way or another. I've asserted that I've read legal opinions on the subject in the past via print media. That's it.