OG Marco Rivera is going to have back surgery!

When it looked like GB was going to release him and Wahl, I'm sure there were plenty of fans (including myself) who were wanting us to check them out. Well, I don't know about Wahl, but could you imagine if Buffalo did sign Rivera and then find out that he landed up needing back surgery? This board would of erupted like Mt. Etna. He's 32, how fast or effective do you think he's gonna be? Well the FA signings may not appear to be plentiful nor quick enough, but it's just another indication that TD & CO. do have targeted certain individuals to implement in their future schemes.

Reasons that shouldn't be overlooked in our player selections is the talent evaluation of our coaches. When it came to the QB Buffalo had the courage to not only release Bledsoe, but didn't even have any insurance on the roster. You could technically say Matthews, but I don't believe that's what they were banking on. Even if Matthews were to stay I do feel that they were still planning on a Holcomb type move. They knew Bledsoe's glory days were in the past. I truly believe that the input from Mularkey and Clements prompted this decision. The amazing thing is that the Bills didn't scramble for has been QBs. QBs like the likes of Garcia, Warner, B. Johnson and the other " I used to be somebody".

As far as the O-line is concern, they did the same type of bold move. They let go of Jonas Jennings with no heir apparently insight. Well, I for one believe in Jim McNally. Not because I'm an expert but because of his track record. You think that they just let their LT walk away and not have an idea for a replacement? Either JJ was not as good as the majority thinks he is or he just wasn't worth the $$$ that it would take to keep him. Or better yet, a combination of both. They have better and more cost efficent plans for our O-line.

I'm really starting to see TD's cloakn dagger moves. Look at the D-line. We drafted Tim Anderson last year and the following year it's bye-bye Pat Williams. Not even a negotiation. Here's a guy that was a home favorite. You think Tim Krumrie didn't evaluate PW's worth? Or had enough faith in Ron Edwards/ anderson abilities? I'll tell ya what, if we sign or draft a big time SS this year you can kiss Milloy good-bye.

Keep in mind how TD finagled compensation for Peerless Price. What a brilliant move that was! Bottom line is this. If the player(s) either want huge $$$ or aren't producing at a high level, then you can just count the days before they are expunged from the roster. Does anyone care to make a prediction on who the next big name may be next? I already made mind (Milloy). How about somebody else jump in and use a little forsight.

One last comment. If anybody wants or hopes that we get Porkchop, then you better hope that TD pitched him the idea that he would be playing LT. That would command more $$$ than the G position. With GB looking for Gs that could be our inside track in obtaining him. I believe Seattle a) isn't fixed too well on money, b) they have their LT also, so it's G duty for him there too, and c) can't or won't give him a full time starting position. They've mostly used him in back-up or spot fill in. Buffalo's offer just may be more lucrative for Ole Porkchop.

As far as the O-line is concern, they did the same type of bold move. They let go of Jonas Jennings with no heir apparently insight. Well, I for one believe in Jim McNally. Not because I'm an expert but because of his track record. You think that they just let their LT walk away and not have an idea for a replacement? Either JJ was not as good as the majority thinks he is or he just wasn't worth the $$$ that it would take to keep him. Or better yet, a combination of both. They have better and more cost efficent plans for our O-line.

270407[/snapback]

Personally, I believe it was mainly the $$$. JJ and his agent most likely let their "ball park" figures be known and TD wasn't going to go there, but that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.