Could YOU be this lucky?

Frez

Redskins' Taylor cleared of charges in speeding, DUI incident

March 10, 2005

SportsLine.com wire reports

FAIRFAX, Va. -- Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor was cleared Thursday of all charges stemming from a traffic stop last fall.

A Fairfax County Circuit Court judge dismissed Taylor's conviction on a charge of refusing to take a blood alcohol test. The judge ruled there was no probable cause for the arrest.

Taylor, 21, was stopped early last Oct. 28 by Virginia State Police, who said his car was clocked doing 82 mph in a 55 zone.

At a Jan. 5 hearing in Fairfax County General District Court, the trooper who stopped him testified that Taylor smelled of alcohol. But a judge dismissed a drunken driving charge, after watching a video showing Taylor performing field sobriety tests. However, the judge convicted Taylor of refusing to take a blood alcohol test, leading to Thursday's appeal.

When asked for his reaction by reporters Thursday, Taylor responded, "You know I don't talk," and declined to comment further. Taylor's attorney, Warren McLain, said the arrest was "very upsetting" for Taylor, adding his client is relieved that it's over.

I was clocked doing 39 mph in a 30 mph zone.

Ticket ( first ever- from an SOB motorcycle cop)

traffic school

End of story.

But then again I'm not a pro athelete.

This story gets better:

One of the field sobriety tests involved saying the alphabet (forwards or backwards...unknown). The DUI was thrown out on the grounds (his lawyer argued) that he forgot the alphabet because he hadn't been asked to recite it in over 16 years, since his early childhood.

That is complete BS. How in the hell could you possibly get off of a refusal charge. I could be wrong on this but doesn't a refusal carry the same penalty as a DWI. Simply put if he refused it should be automatic whether he was sober or not.

note to cops: pull over a celeb? don't even bother, just let them go.

:lol:

270689[/snapback]

I wish the cops had gotten that note last year. I wouldn't have had that speeding ticket enforced if they weren't allowed to enforce violations on folks like me.

Then again, I have always tried to avoid abusing my celebrity to get special perks.

I wish the cops had gotten that note last year. I wouldn't have had that speeding ticket enforced if they weren't allowed to enforce violations on folks like me.

Then again, I have always tried to avoid abusing my celebrity to get special perks.

270701[/snapback]

coming in 2nd at a Karaoke contest does not make you a celebrity...

coming in 2nd at a Karaoke contest does not make you a celebrity...

270746[/snapback]

Naw, usually I get the star treatment when I slip that I am JohnnyB from TSW. They are like, that JohnnyB? The guy who always says such smart things on that discussion board? Please, please, no charge, do not insult me with your money, it is my honor to serve you!