Could Cleveland do what San Diego did in 2004?

Dkollidas

6 hours ago, Luka said:

6 rushing TDs and 66 1st downs out of their run game last year. For comparison the Bills had double the touchdowns and nearly double the 1st downs and we were still middle of the pack. Barkley seems like a no brainer for them.

The Browns could take Barkley at #1 and a QB other than Rosen at #4 ... or another player at #4 if they signed Cousins ...  and avoiding getting sucked into a pissing contest with Rosen in the process.   

I'm not saying that the Browns should or would do that, but with 2 firsts in the top five, a boatload of other picks, and plenty of cap space, they have lots of options.  Trading away one of their premier picks to get additional lower ones when they already have plenty just doesn't seem to make sense. 

On 2/19/2018 at 11:25 PM, Dkollidas said:

For those who don’t recall:

Basically Eli Manning was the #1 QB. 

-San Diego had the first overall pick.

-Eli said he’d rather sit out a year than play for the Chargers.

-San Diego drafted Manning, and made a deal with the Giants after the fact. The Giants, selecting Philip Rivers, made the following trade;

The New York Giants received:

• Eli Manning, QB

The San Diego Chargers received:

Any chance the Browns do this with Rosen? Maybe select him 1st overall, and either find a partner to swap QB’s with, or since they have the pick, take another guy at #4 and then trade Rosen? 

I know now it’s complicated and unlikely, but if they believe he’s the best quarterback, I could see their reasoning for taking the player regardless of what he says about playing for them.

There is always a chance, but they have a boat load of picks already