Edgerrin James to the Dolphins

ESPN is reporting that the Colts are looking to trade Edge "for less than a first rounder". It is no secret that he wants to play in his home town and has never been truly happy in Indy. Where there is smoke there's fire. . . and despite the Indy front office and Edge often speaking in politically correct terms about this, it is likely happening. For the Dophins to get him for less than a first is sick. But, it's going to happen. . . you heard it from this pessimist first.

ESPN is reporting that the Colts are looking to thrade Edge "for less than a first rounder". It is no secret that he wants to play in his home town and has never been truly happy in Indy. Where there is smoke there's fire. . . and despite the Indy front office and Edge often speaking in politically correct terms about this, it is likely happening. For the Dophins to get him for less than a first is sick. But, it's going to happen. . . you heard it from this pessimist first.

268934[/snapback]

Nooooooo...Please since marino miami has only had a running game. I am still recovering from ricki, I cannot handle another good back. Can't they draft a back that will take a few years to get better? I was so looking forward to those two guarenteed wins next season.

Nooooooo...Please since marino miami has only had a running game.  I am still recovering from ricki, I cannot handle another good back.  Can't they draft a back that will take a few years to get better?  I was so looking forward to those two guarenteed wins next season.

268940[/snapback]

Personally, I hope they do sign James; I think he's over the hill now and definately on the downside to his career. We can stuff him.

CW

The Dolphins have no 2nd rounder, so what will they trade if not their first rounder? Surtain and a 3rd maybe? Taylor and something?

I'm getting fed up with the AFC East. The toughest division in the NFL is only getting tougher now that the Dolphins are quickly bouncing back.

Personally, I hope they do sign James; I think he's over the hill now and definately on the downside to his career.  We can stuff him.

CW

268941[/snapback]

Yeah, we'll stuff him. . . like we said we'd stuff Ricky Williams before he ripped us for 200 plus yards. . .

The Dolphins have no 2nd rounder, so what will they trade if not their first rounder? Surtain and a 3rd maybe? Taylor and something?

I'm getting fed up with the AFC East. The toughest division in the NFL is only getting tougher now that the Dolphins are quickly bouncing back.

268945[/snapback]

The Bills will trade travis for surtain or tailor. Come on give us your best defenders.

268945[/snapback]

Yes, it IS the best division in football. Everyone suspects Miami will be improved this coming season, forcing some team to slide down to the cellar. . . guess who the experts, per the Vegas lines, say that will be?

Yeah, we'll stuff him. . .  like we said we'd stuff Ricky Williams before he ripped us for 200 plus yards. . .

268947[/snapback]

Ricky Williams was in the prime of his career, James hasn't been a huge factor in years.

I'd be more worried about Henry going to Miami (but only because of the revenge factor).

CW

I'd rather have them get Edge and NOT draft Ronnie Brown. Edge is still a decent back, but I think he'll find the going a little tougher when the D isn't trying to cover 3-4 recievers...plus he's got a few years in the tank, we're as a Brown, Williams, or Benson could haunt us for years to come.

Personally, I hope they do sign James; I think he's over the hill now and definately on the downside to his career.  We can stuff him.

CW

268941[/snapback]

I'll ditto that as well. I wouldn't say "over the hill" but certainly not a top 5 RB anymore and hasn't been the same since his knee injury.

If Edge goes to Miami and they land a half decent qb like Garcia.  You'd have to consider them contenders for the division.

268954[/snapback]

those players can't block. and until the Dolphins spend some money on an offensive line, it won't matter if they have Jim Brown and Walter Payton in their backfield....they will suck.

in regard to Edge....I think he is more likely to end up in Tampa Bay.

and Shaun Alexander will end up in Miami.

What about Minn? They have a sh-- load of cap room.

269268[/snapback]

and a sh-- load of RB's already.......i can't see them being interested........they need more defense and a WR, not a franchise back.........

They have a bunch of picks to deal with, too - 10 total with two 3's, 5's and 6's.

269283[/snapback]

IIRC, the Buc's have the 5th overall pick, plus those ones you mentioned. Though they're only about 1 Million under the cap right now. Maybe cutting Pittman and Garner would help, but.........the money EJ wants would kill most teams near the cap. He wants more money than Portis got from Wash.

Its going to be tough to deal him. My thought is, he stays in Indy for just one more year.