A versatile UFA that's a LS/ST'er/back-up C & TE

The Saints' LS is a 6 year veteran that would make a great utility/depth player. He's multi talented and could fill and/or back-up several positions. If Dorenbos really has a career ending injury, then Houser could fill that role. In addition he's a very solid ST'er and he could also fit into our TE formations. It also is a benefit that he could possibly back-up Teague or whoever our C is going to be. This seems to be the ideal kind of guy that Mularky likes. The Patriots have shown the way to the benefits of having multi task football players. Heck, this guy might even be able to be an H-Back.

On the same line of thought, Womack is another versatile O-lineman. He's played every position on the line except C. Right now Seattle has him at RT but he's probably better suited for the G position. He has quick feet and he's talented. In addition we have McNally and even further enhances the abilities of a player like this. Who knows, we may even be able to keep him at RT and move Mike Williams to the left side of the ball. Based on if we don't get Shelton this would give us more options.

Not even a response on this post. How sad.

I'm not even gonna bother to make a separate post on this but looking thru some of these teams and there are some teams that are not only in salary cap jail, but are lifers in Sing-Sing! I think the worst is the Redskins. They have something like 18.8% used on the cap with players that are no longer on the team!!! Throw in Brunell and some other deadwood and their at like 25%. What a waste.

Then there are other teams that are just robbing Peter to pay Paul. Teams like Tampa, Oakland (geez, see any similiarity there?), and Seattle. There's others that are strapped and don't have alot of leeway. I don't know, I'm sure I'm missing others. It takes alot of time that I don't, I just wanted to bring up the point. Maybe somebody can be more specific and/or accurate on these and other teams. These teams probably have the best opportunity for us to maraude not only their FAs, but also their RFAs. There could be a great value there for a very late round draft pick.

* The bonehead that I am, I overlooked the LS's full name. It's Kevin Houser.

Dorenbos had a pretty standard ACL repair. It's rehabbing right on schedule, and he'll be back on the field this year.

With Dorenbos, anything is possible. Even if he's not rehabbing on schedule, he can make you belive that... in fact this whole injury thing with him could be an illusion... afterall, he is a master at that.