Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • SDS

      Problems logging in?   11/05/2017

      I know a few people are getting logged out too quickly. I don't have the answer to that yet.   However, one change that occurred is that there is no longer a log in name and a separate display name. The upgrade discarded the log in name and now uses the display name. So, to log in:   Username: <display name> Password: <your password>   If you need to contact me to find out what your display name is use: Contact Us  and we can get things sorted out.
Air it out Fitzy

Uncatchable pass %. Dennison's fault too ?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

My dude, you're a game or two from being right back on that train. Please stop it.

 

Nope. I'm not. It's clear as day we'll be drafting a QB in the 1st round next year.

 

Taylor still could be here in 2018. That's still possible, but we're going to be drafting his replacement in the 2018 draft.

 

Hope it's someone great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

Fair enough, I still hate the play call there.  Fades to ZJ are not things I expect to see much of, he's not that kind of WR IMO.  I like ZJ, but can't see that being in his arsenal as a go to play when you got one chance to score.

 

Plus this obsession that OC's have to "out smart" everyone by going away from their strength is just unnecessary some times.  Sea might be back to back SB champs had they not gone away from their strength on the goal line and Cheatriots would have one more loss and one less trophy.  

 

When you need a play at all costs, use your best players.  NP and ZJ are not close to our best players on offense right now.  

 

Fades are a stupid play call in general. I'm fine with never seeing my team call one of those.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

 

I think Zay would've looked 10x better if we kept Sammy.           

 

💩💩 trade. 

 

I don't disagree with that, still don't like the Sammy trade either.  I can live with it since we got a 2nd and solid DB in Gaines (although he can't stay healthy), but still wish we had kept Sammy.  I hate the Dareus trade way more as we got nothing for him really and still need to waste another high draft pick to TRY and replace him.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

 

Nope. I'm not. It's clear as day we'll be drafting a QB in the 1st round next year.

 

Taylor still could be here in 2018. That's still possible, but we're going to be drafting his replacement in the 2018 draft.

 

Hope it's someone great.

Tyrod is the best quarterback on the roster, probably comes cheap. Seems like we must be way under cap with all the roster gutting. Why not keep him? Competition is Taylor, Peterman, and Round 1 rookie QB? See who wins.

 

That's me. I think the people in power are too smitten with Peterman to keep Tyrod. Honestly they've showed such brazen confidence in Peterman, I'm worried they just run with him as the only option next year.

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

 

Fades are a stupid play call in general. I'm fine with never seeing my team call one of those.

I'd only call a fade in that very situation if my receiver routinely wins his matchup throughout the game, like Plaxico playoff edition vs packers. 

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

I don't disagree with that, still don't like the Sammy trade either.  I can live with it since we got a 2nd and solid DB in Gaines (although he can't stay healthy), but still wish we had kept Sammy.  I hate the Dareus trade way more as we got nothing for him really and still need to waste another high draft pick to TRY and replace him.

As much as I want to complain about the trade, I really like Gaines. Thought he was just a throwaway add on at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

In sports and politics always beware a stat that so neatly fits a narrative. 

 

Why are we looking at only Zay Jones? How do the rest of our RB's/WR's/TE's look for this stat? Looking at the stat for just 1 WR would also include Nathan Peterman targets to Zay Jones.

 

This stat just means that TT has a lot of intentional throw aways in Zay jones general direction (in addition to a number of missed throws - chemistry perhaps?). 

 

Despite the popular narrative, TT is NOT an inaccurate passer. Look at his completion % for the season and his career. He's fairly average. I think a lot of people on this board underestimate how bad the "average" NFL QB is. 

 

Wow I saw the title, skimmed the graphic, didn't realize this was receivers, not quarterbacks. not that Tyrod doesn't throw a terrible ball several times, but Zay runs some weird breaks in his routes. I bet that ill-fated Panthers throw counted as uncatchable, and you look at Zay's route and he takes so long throwing a ridiculous head fake before his break he doesn't have time to adjust when he turns for the ball. Wouldn't be surprised if that happened often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've got a garbage QB throwing garbage passes to garbage WR's and we can't understand why we can't win games?

 

Aye Carumba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

 

Nope. I'm not. It's clear as day we'll be drafting a QB in the 1st round next year.

 

Taylor still could be here in 2018. That's still possible, but we're going to be drafting his replacement in the 2018 draft.

 

Hope it's someone great.

I hope so dude. All that peaking and troughing you did before and after the Saints game can't be good for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what scheme should Dennsion use for Tyrod?  Short quick  throws.  Roll him out.  Read option.   What?  Don't think for a minute DC's don't have tape on him.  Scheme does not matter as much as talent.  If it did - we wouldn't be talking about this.  The book on Taylor is written.  He is an inaccurate passer who cannot complete passes consistently down the field.

 

Dennison cannot throw the ball for him.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Tyrod is the best quarterback on the roster, probably comes cheap. Seems like we must be way under cap with all the roster gutting. Why not keep him? Competition is Taylor, Peterman, and Round 1 rookie QB? See who wins.

 

That's me. I think the people in power are too smitten with Peterman to keep Tyrod. Honestly they've showed such brazen confidence in Peterman, I'm worried they just run with him as the only option next year.

I'd only call a fade in that very situation if my receiver routinely wins his matchup throughout the game, like Plaxico playoff edition vs packers. 

As much as I want to complain about the trade, I really like Gaines. Thought he was just a throwaway add on at the time.

 

Yeah, I like Gaines, just has durability issues.  Which is why I said I can live with the Sammy trade.  Still, I would have preferred to keep Sammy if I had to choose to do it over, but at least we got a solid corner and a 2nd out of it.  I firmly believe we have a better record right now had we not traded Sammy.  

 

I think we would have won the Panther game and the Bengal game had Sammy been on this team.  I also think we could have won the Charger game because with 2 more wins there was no way Peterception happens that week and think we could have won that game had we not started NP.  But I won't even count that one...just the Panther and Bengal game puts us in the playoffs right now at 8-4 with Colts and Fins twice in front of us to go along with one more Pats game.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

Yeah, I like Gaines, just has durability issues.  Which is why I said I can live with the Sammy trade.  Still, I would have preferred to keep Sammy if I had to choose to do it over, but at least we got a solid corner and a 2nd out of it.  I firmly believe we have a better record right now had we not traded Sammy.  

 

I think we would have won the Panther game and the Bengal game had Sammy been on this team.  I also think we could have won the Charger game because with 2 more wins there was no way Peterception happens that week and think we could have won that game had we not started NP.  But I won't even count that one...just the Panther and Bengal game puts us in the playoffs right now at 8-4 with Colts and Fins twice in front of us to go along with one more Pats game.

 

 

It's easy to say this, but Gaines has been a key contributor in some of our other wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 10:13 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

It's probably hopeless to respond to someone who initiates their post with not one, but two, gratuitous insults, but I will try a bit of education in case anyone else can benefit.

 

Here is an article detailing the lengths to which Edelman*  went to "get on the same page" with Brady***.  If a receiver has to make any kind of adjustment, all one can say is that the sync between QB and WR is off.  I'm sorry, but someone who makes your definitive statement just doesn't understand how the QB-WR sync-up in route running works.  It's never 100% on the QB.

If you watch football games with teams with very very good WR, it's startling to look at how these WR routinely haul in balls that are "off" in placement (on their back hip, high, behind them, diving, one handed).  At least it's startling when you compare with what we have currently on the Bills.

 

Stop whining. Point being, you don't need stats if you watch him throw the football. It's bad. The O'Leary throw in the KC game was Tyrod in a nutshell. Even when the guy is wide open running across the field without a defender in sight, he throws the ball behind him at his feet. I don't need stats or some guy on a message board to confirm or deny what I see out of Tyrod every Sunday. Please stop with the "you don't understand" crap. Get over yourself. Your OPINION doesn't jive with any of the facts or stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

It's easy to say this, but Gaines has been a key contributor in some of our other wins.

 

True, and I have nothing against Gaines, I like him outside his durability problem.  I don't know any of our Wins turn to losses though had he not been here and Sammy been here instead.  Where as I can see 2 definitive wins with Panthers and Bengals game had we had Sammy on the offense.  No way to really know the answer to this equation, but I do still feel strongly we are at least 8-4 had we not traded Sammy soley on the fact I believe we win both Car and Cincy game and don't see us losing any of our other wins by removing Gaines and adding Sammy into those games.  

 

I don't say that to take anything away from Gaines either, I agree he's been good for us and made some really nice plays.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 8:40 AM, bobobonators said:

Dennison is garbage. The two things arent mutually exclusive. 

I'm not sure if he's total garbage, hes trying to run an NFL offense with lower tier NFL talent, sub par oline, 8 men in the box, qb who's strength isn't throwing a football. They never planned on keeping Tyrod therefore they aren't going to design the offense to his strengths. 

On 12/6/2017 at 8:47 AM, bobobonators said:

Imagine Dennison coaching a rookie QB. 

 

“Dont worry about what you’re good at son; we dont focus on such things here”

Should you focus on things he's good at if he's not that good at them in the first place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 2:40 PM, Luka said:

 

Stop whining. Point being, you don't need stats if you watch him throw the football. It's bad. The O'Leary throw in the KC game was Tyrod in a nutshell. Even when the guy is wide open running across the field without a defender in sight, he throws the ball behind him at his feet. I don't need stats or some guy on a message board to confirm or deny what I see out of Tyrod every Sunday. Please stop with the "you don't understand" crap. Get over yourself. Your OPINION doesn't jive with any of the facts or stats.

 

When you aren't trolling/inciting here (being pointlessly rude), do you actually watch football, watch carefully and analytically?  What I read here suggests "no".

 

Watching the Saints/Falcons game on Thurs night, I saw balls being thrown at the ground, behind receivers, over receivers heads - and the receivers, you know, "receiving" them for completed passes.  We don't have any WR who can play like that.  That's what my eyes tell me.

 

Even the best QB in the league, about 1/3 of their passes are uncatchable balls.  That's both a fact and a stat. 

My eyes tell me sometimes Tyrod's throws are right on target, and stats (which are facts) back that up.  A QB doesn't throw >63% completions and 6.6 ypa if he perennially "throws the ball behind (the WR) at his feet."  That's a completion percentage that's right in the middle of the NFL - between 10th and 13th (Green Bay, LA Chargers, Oakland Raiders, Pittsburgh Steelers).

You want to demonstrate my opinion doesn't jive with "any of the facts or stats", you "get over yourself" and start bringing some facts and stats into the conversation that back YOU up. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 1:34 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

 

Fades are a stupid play call in general. I'm fine with never seeing my team call one of those.

 

The only time I'm remotely indifferent to a fade is on first down. To do it on third or fourth down is a fireable offense if I'm the owner.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 1:37 AM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Tyrod is the best quarterback on the roster, probably comes cheap. Seems like we must be way under cap with all the roster gutting. Why not keep him? Competition is Taylor, Peterman, and Round 1 rookie QB? See who wins.

 

Because they can find a free agent comparable if not better than Taylor.

 

He's been here three years - enough already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

 

Because they can find a free agent comparable if not better than Taylor.

 

He's been here three years - enough already. 

 

With that said. 

Do people recall this.  

 

The average NFL career is 3 years.  

Hmmmmm.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 2:09 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

 

Fair enough, I still hate the play call there.  Fades to ZJ are not things I expect to see much of, he's not that kind of WR IMO.  I like ZJ, but can't see that being in his arsenal as a go to play when you got one chance to score.

 

Plus this obsession that OC's have to "out smart" everyone by going away from their strength is just unnecessary some times.  Sea might be back to back SB champs had they not gone away from their strength on the goal line and Cheatriots would have one more loss and one less trophy.  

 

When you need a play at all costs, use your best players.  NP and ZJ are not close to our best players on offense right now.  

I think many believe that was not a play that we needed at all costs, myself included.  The game WAS over.  There was no chance of us winning. So we didn’t need that play at all costs.  I believe they wanted to see what the kids have as others have said. 

I hate Dennison ftr 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, theAteam said:

What the hell happened to Tyrods deep ball? It used to be money now when he hucks it I expect an overthrow.

What happened to his deep ball? The receivers on the other end aren't there any more .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 8:40 AM, bobobonators said:

Dennison is garbage. The two things arent mutually exclusive. 

Cant agree.....cant disagree. ... he may be gone after this season or he may not. One thing Im sure of is TT won'tbe in the picture next year

Edited by fansince88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

What happened to his deep ball? The receivers on the other end aren't there any more .

they suck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×