Blame Dennison if You Want, But it's Not the System

H2o

7 hours ago, H2o said:

And again, I will say what you have been seeing is an offense run with an extremely limited (mentally) QB. Tyrod is a gifted athlete, but not the QB that some people try to make him out to be. Stats don't tell the whole story. Just because of all of this QB Rating and QBR bs, or because of him not throwing many INT's, some fans and analysts puff him up to be something he's not. You see it every week. He leaves plays all over the field in the passing game. Give me a guy who makes those anticipatory throws and THEN we can see what the offense truly looks like. Until then it's like trying to critique a one legged man in a a** kicking contest. 

We can agree to disagree I suppose because we are just going in circles. You say the limits are because Tyrod has glaring deficiencies, which I do not deny exist. I say that the scheme has shown it is limited before. It had limits in Houston. It had limits in Baltimore. It had limits in Denver. The only time in the last decade it looked good was with peak Matt Schaub, peak Arian Foster, and peak Andre Johnson. That's a whole lot of prerequisite needs, considering in the moment all 3 of those guys were probably top 10 at their positions.

I say the hallmark of bad coaching is saying "This is my scheme, you play within it." It's what Rex Ryan did with the defense. He took a top 5 defense and ruined it by jamming those guys into it. Dennison is taking an offense that scored a lot of points and had a lot of splash plays the last two years, taking away the splash plays, and forcing the QB that made those plays to play within his scheme, because he doesn't know any different and isn't a good enough coach to integrate what Tyrod does well into his playbook. Yes, Tyrod has left plays on the field. Because he doesn't fit the scheme, he is processing slower, playing slower and throwing without confidence. Again, bad coaching. 

I want Peterman to succeed because I am sick of the playoff drought. But I have a very low level of confidence in that happening. Dynamic offense wins in this league, and this scheme is the furthest thing from dynamic. It is 15 plays over and over again with a different look thrown in every once in awhile for kicks. Meanwhile Payton and McVay are out there just murdering other teams with constantly changing packages and designs.

• Like (+1) 2