OT - American Idiot

Just wanted to point this out since someone has it in their profile at the bottom of posts.

The lyrics are:

Don't want to be an American Idiot,

One nation UNDER THE NEW MANIA

(not controlled by the media)

the song is about George W's crazy policies.

=======

In other news, this is the first topic i started. I feel like that's a big day for me. Hope I did it right (with the OT note in the subject and all)

i don't think it belongs in ppp - it is a post about song lyrics. It is an OT post that fits right in with discusions of television shows, tooth decay, and some of our other recent OT posts.

Because he corrects the sig. of one of the most prolific PPP posters that does not mean the post should be cast to the depths of TSW hell.

In other news, this is the first topic i started.  I feel like that's a big day for me.  Hope I did it right (with the OT note in the subject and all)

264654[/snapback]

yeah, but the preferred way is to use the OT post icon!

The lyrics are:

I don't want to debate the meaning of the song with you, but if you're going to challenge another poster with 1,000,000+ posts, perhaps you should have a reference to the lyrics in your thread. Although the initial part of the song seems to be "under the new mania", it seems that later in the song it does have "controlled by the media."

Here are the lyrics I found on the web:

American Idiot 1

American Idiot 2

Of course, I KNOW that AD will appreciate this thread. This thread is just full of opportunities to use the ;) guy.

Just wanted to point this out since someone has it in their profile at the bottom of posts.

The lyrics are:

=======

In other news, this is the first topic i started.  I feel like that's a big day for me.  Hope I did it right (with the OT note in the subject and all)

264654[/snapback]

Isn't it nice to see poeple with 11 posts proud that this is their first OT post, even if it's completely wrong. :D

Or as AD would say, ;)

:D

CW

I don't want to debate the meaning of the song with you, but if you're going to challenge another poster with 1,000,000+ posts, perhaps you should have a reference to the lyrics in your thread. 

264672[/snapback]

Ya man, you got no street credit. ;)

Ya man, you got no street credit.  ;)

264689[/snapback]

Allright, allright, point taken.

Those lyrics you bring up from a website say "media", but if you look in the lyric book included in the CD, it says "under the new mania".

the link you provided has incorrect lyrics. I'll trust the actual words written on paper by the band.

Sorry to have offended a 100,000+ poster. :D

Allright, allright, point taken.  Those lyrics do appear later in the song, but it should be noted that the 2nd line of the song is not about the media. 

Sorry to have offended a 100,000+ poster.  :D

264696[/snapback]

Pssst - I think you're allowed to delete your own threads now. Maybe you could just take a mulligan on this one ;)

Pssst - I think you're allowed to delete your own threads now.  Maybe you could just take a mulligan on this one  :D

264698[/snapback]

There's no point in backing down. That website has LOTS of wrong lyrics.

Well maybe I'm the f*** America.

I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.

Now everybody do the propaganda.

And sing along in the age of paranoia.

that's wrong too.

Whatever...sorry. Didn't feel like everyone would freak out. ;)

Pssst - I think you're allowed to delete your own threads now.  Maybe you could just take a mulligan on this one  ;)

264698[/snapback]

Oooh, I want to be around when AD wakes up. He's already pissed that they don't have enough snow to start the Iditarod properly. And last night was SATURDAY night. Niedamayer......

i don't think it belongs in ppp - it is a post about song lyrics. It is an OT post that fits right in with discusions of television shows, tooth decay, and some of our other recent OT posts.

Because he corrects the sig. of one of the most prolific PPP posters that does not mean the post should be cast to the depths of TSW hell.

264666[/snapback]

Normally I would agree, it just seems that any time our president is mentioned in a post things usually deteriorate quite quickly into a political flame war. So far this one has proved me wrong though.

Normally I would agree, it just seems that any time our president is mentioned in a post things usually deteriorate quite quickly into a political flame war.  So far this one has proved me wrong though.

264709[/snapback]

It wasn't supposed to be about Bush. Just the song...and let's not act like i punched "AD"s dog...i just posted about a lyric.

Needless to say, i probably won't start another topic anytime soon.

P.S. where's the "Start Holcomb" talk...?

It wasn't supposed to be about Bush.  Just the song...and let's not act like i punched "AD"s dog...i just posted about a lyric.

Needless to say, i probably won't start another topic anytime soon.

264713[/snapback]

I know it wasn't supposed to be about Bush. However, this is usually all it takes....

No big deal, just giving my take. I hope you do post again.

Normally I would agree, it just seems that any time our president is mentioned in a post things usually deteriorate quite quickly into a political flame war.  So far this one has proved me wrong though.

264709[/snapback]

Some libtard is bound to......I mean some nice intelligent liberal will soon point out the inadiquacies of this President. ;)

Allright, allright, point taken. 

Those lyrics you bring up from a website say "media", but if you look in the lyric book included in the CD, it says "under the new mania".

the link you provided has incorrect lyrics.  I'll trust the actual words written on paper by the band.

Sorry to have offended a 100,000+ poster.  :D

264696[/snapback]

Isn't it strange how every website has "controlled by the media?" I guess everyone wrote it down wrong?

http://greendayweb.yaia.com/lyricsamericanidiot.html

http://green-day.lyrics-songs.com/lyrics/92495/

"Don't wanna be an American idiot.

Don't want a nation under the new mania."

"Don't wanna be an American idiot.

One nation controlled by the media."

People are even posting that on USENET:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/uk.pol...9a921e2a614218d

I've heard the song on the radio numerous times, and there's no way that "controlled by the media" sounds anything like "under the new mania."

Maybe your liner notes are a misprint and you could sell it on eBay for $18,583.33! ;)

CW

I am actually defending the rookie over you guys here. According the CD book, it is mania, not media. I still think that it is funny. It sounds like "mee-nee-ia," but then again Billy Joe Armstrong is noted for his mispronunciation of words

I am actually defending the rookie over you guys here. According the CD book, it is mania, not media. I still think that it is funny. It sounds like "mee-nee-ia," but then again Billy Joe Armstrong is noted for his mispronunciation of words

264732[/snapback]

The liner notes are frequently printed before the song is finalized. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen incorrect lyrics in the liner notes. Just because it's in the book, doesn't make it correct.

CW