My Bills mid-free agency mock draft.

Brandon

2) G David Baas, Michigan

This pick is projected to be acquired by trading our 3rd round pick in 2006 and Travis Henry to Arizona in exchange for their R2 pick this year.

2) C Chris Spencer, Ole Miss

3) WR Terrence Murphy, Texas A&M

4) CB Alphonso Hodge, Miami (OH)

5) RB Brandon Jacobs, Southern Illinois

6) K Tyler Jones, Boise State or K Jonathan Nichols, Ole Miss

7) Defensive Depth

Obviously, the first two picks are made with the intent of helping correct this friggin' mess known as the Bills OL. Both are excellent prospects who should be come, at the least, above average NFL starters and I think there's a good chance both will be on the board. Trey Teague would have to move to LT, where I don't think he'll be particularly effective, but IMO, he's the best of a sorry bunch of available options. Baas and Spencer compete at LG and C, respectively, with Tucker, Gandy and Smith for the interior starting spots. Hopefully, these two picks will improve the interior of the OL enough that the Bills can hide their weakness at LT. LT will probably be a priority in the '06 offseason. I don't think they'll find one this offseason. This isn't an ideal solution, for sure, but given that the Bills OL situation is currently pretty bleak, its about as good as can be expected.

Murphy and Hodge could potentially see close to 50% of the snaps this year if they can win the #3 roles at their respective positions. Jacobs gives the Bills a strong backup to Willis McGahee who can help wear defenses down. Either of the two kickers represent good value in R6, and I believe both will have very good NFL careers. In R7, who knows who the Bills will pick, but hopefully they can find a little defensive depth. Admittedly, this draft would be very light on defense, but given our needs on offense and our strength defensively, I don't see the Bills actual draft being much different, barring additional FA signings.

If Baas is available when the Bills pick, they will definitely take him. From what I heard they fell in love with him at the Combine and Baas himself said they interviewed him at length.

The way his reputation is flying though, he could now be a late 1st rounder...so we might not have a shot at him, even if we did trade up in the 2nd.

I agree with your first two picks though, if we could get Baas and Spencer our O-Line would get some much needed relief and depth. However, I think the Bills go RB in the 4th and QB in the 5th as of this point. That could change if they pick up a FA RB to backup McGahee, but if not they need to pick a RB early on Day Two to help Willis out. Nichols is a great choice for the late rounds.

2)  G David Baas,  Michigan

This pick is projected to be acquired by trading our 3rd round pick in 2006 and Travis Henry to Arizona in exchange for their R2 pick this year.

2)  C Chris Spencer,  Ole Miss

3)  WR Terrence Murphy,  Texas A&M

4)  CB Alphonso Hodge,  Miami (OH)

5)  RB Brandon Jacobs,  Southern Illinois

6)  K Tyler Jones,  Boise State or K Jonathan Nichols,  Ole Miss

7)  Defensive Depth

Obviously,  the first two picks are made with the intent of helping correct this friggin' mess known as the Bills OL.  Both are excellent prospects who should be come,  at the least,  above average NFL starters and I think there's a good chance both will be on the board.  Trey Teague would have to move to LT,  where I don't think he'll be particularly effective,  but IMO,  he's the best of a sorry bunch of available options.  Baas and Spencer compete at LG and C,  respectively,  with Tucker,  Gandy and Smith for the interior starting spots.  Hopefully,  these two picks will improve the interior of the OL enough that the Bills can hide their weakness at LT.  LT will probably be a priority in the '06 offseason.  I don't think they'll find one this offseason.  This isn't an ideal solution,  for sure,  but given that the Bills OL situation is currently pretty bleak,  its about as good as can be expected. 

Murphy and Hodge could potentially see close to 50% of the snaps this year if they can win the #3 roles at their respective positions.  Jacobs gives the Bills a strong backup to Willis McGahee who can help wear defenses down.  Either of the two kickers represent good value in R6,  and I believe both will have very good NFL careers.  In R7,  who knows who the Bills will pick,  but hopefully they can find a little defensive depth.  Admittedly,  this draft would be very light on defense,  but given our needs on offense and our strength defensively,  I don't see the Bills actual draft being much different,  barring additional FA signings.

264337[/snapback]

I like that draft! Hope we can pull that off!

Late