A Football Life - Kelly/Flutie/Tyrod

On my flight home last night, I had the pleasure of watching "A Football Life". They had Kelly and Flutie back to back and oh what a joy it was to relive those great days of Bills football with a franchise QB running the show. 

Kelly is a stand-alone. We have never had a QB like him and we can only dream of finding the V2 version. What a warrior. I love Jimbo and seeing the K-Gun in action made me long for the days of dominant offensive football with a field general who takes over the game.

Then there was Flutie. The "magic" man who had the "it"  factor when it came to winning. Watching his mobility and the way he played the game brought to mind a lot of the plays I've seen Tyrod make when he is let loose.  Flutie was always on the move and found ways to get the ball downfield.  Taylor plays the same sort of game, but we've been limiting him by keeping him in the pocket with our OC's play calling. 

I can't understand why they let the Jets, Bengals and Panthers box him in and we did nothing to counter. We have to keep TT moving and let him learn to play like Flutie did. He will never be Jimbo, but he can be Dougie. When he moves, he finds the lanes to throw and makes the plays. When he is in the pocket, he can't see anything and gets suffocated. I think if we let TT play his game and quit trying to fit him into schemes, we'd see a big turnaround in this offense. He has the physical skills. 

If you didn't get a chance to see the shows, look for them on ESPN. Both were well done and Kelly's had me tearing up on the plane. He personifies everything Buffalo is and why I love my hometown and the fans in it, even though I've long since moved out of Buffalo.  

On 11/4/2017 at 12:22 PM, BillsRdue said:

On my flight home last night, I had the pleasure of watching "A Football Life". They had Kelly and Flutie back to back and oh what a joy it was to relive those great days of Bills football with a franchise QB running the show. 

Kelly is a stand-alone. We have never had a QB like him and we can only dream of finding the V2 version. What a warrior. I love Jimbo and seeing the K-Gun in action made me long for the days of dominant offensive football with a field general who takes over the game.

Then there was Flutie. The "magic" man who had the "it"  factor when it came to winning. Watching his mobility and the way he played the game brought to mind a lot of the plays I've seen Tyrod make when he is let loose.  Flutie was always on the move and found ways to get the ball downfield.  Taylor plays the same sort of game, but we've been limiting him by keeping him in the pocket with our OC's play calling. 

I can't understand why they let the Jets, Bengals and Panthers box him in and we did nothing to counter. We have to keep TT moving and let him learn to play like Flutie did. He will never be Jimbo, but he can be Dougie. When he moves, he finds the lanes to throw and makes the plays. When he is in the pocket, he can't see anything and gets suffocated. I think if we let TT play his game and quit trying to fit him into schemes, we'd see a big turnaround in this offense. He has the physical skills. 

If you didn't get a chance to see the shows, look for them on ESPN. Both were well done and Kelly's had me tearing up on the plane. He personifies everything Buffalo is and why I love my hometown and the fans in it, even though I've long since moved out of Buffalo.  

Agree. Coaches should always mold their schemes to their rosters strengths. Not a big fan of Dennison so far. Lets see how the rest plays out.

On 11/4/2017 at 12:22 PM, BillsRdue said:

Well said