JP on Total Access

looked a bit nervous. He said all the right things though, he was working out when they told him of the decision to go with him. Worst thing was right after the interview they showed a wide right clip and after that the Patsies SB video. :angry:

Based on his facial and vocal reactions, it sounds like he was drilled by management to give his "jonas jennings/left tackle 'i don't know the business side'" comment. It was word for word as his press conference last week. Other than that, i got really excited when they showed that roll out pass to euhus. That's something the other guy just couldn't do.

Based on his facial and vocal reactions, it sounds like he was drilled by management to give his "jonas jennings/left tackle 'i don't know the business side'" comment.  It was word for word as his press conference last week.  Other than that, i got really excited when they showed that roll out pass to euhus.  That's something the other guy just couldn't do.

264252[/snapback]

The "other" guy did it with Campbell for a TD. And then threw 2 more for TDs from the pocket to Campbell in the same game.

The "other" guy did it with Campbell for a TD. And then threw 2 more for TDs from the pocket to Campbell in the same game.

264253[/snapback]

if you actually think that bledsoe gave the team a better chance to win, and if you think that bledsoe is better than his career average of 54% completions (terrible) and 75 rating (mediocre at best) then you must be his brother.

if you actually think that bledsoe gave the team a better chance to win, and if you think that bledsoe is better than his career average of 54% completions (terrible) and 75 rating (mediocre at best) then you must be his brother.

264271[/snapback]

Well it's actually 57% and 76.7 rating, but if shaving a few points here and there helps make your point, feel free. You're certainly not alone.

Starting the year with a QB who's never thrown an NFL touchdown pass and has shown nothing to indicate that he will be a success makes people here a little nervous I think. Blasting the previous guy will help Losman's candle appear to burn a little brighter no matter what he does. It's called setting the bar low.

Have at it.

The 3 years prior to Bledsoe coming here the team was 22-27 including a playoff loss. The year they went 11-5 the QB had 19TDs and 16 INTs. This year Bledsoe had 20TDs and 16INTs. I won't quote Bledsoe's numbers his first year here but they were good enough for a Pro Bowl appearance and 11 franchise passing records.

To listen to people here it appears that every TD that Bledsoe threw luckily bounced off a referee and was then caught. It's funny, really, that people feel compelled to trash the guy.

Bledsoe's not my brother but he has been and still is one hell of an NFL football player and you can expect that I will continue to straighten people out when they mislead about the guy's past.

Well it's actually 57% and 76.7 rating, but if shaving a few points here and there helps make your point, feel free. You're certainly not alone.

Starting the year with a QB who's never thrown an NFL touchdown pass and has shown nothing to indicate that he will be a success makes people here a little nervous I think. Blasting the previous guy will help Losman's candle appear to burn a little brighter no matter what he does. It's called setting the bar low.

Have at it.

The 3 years prior to Bledsoe coming here the team was 22-27 including a playoff loss. The year they went 11-5 the QB had 19TDs and 16 INTs. This year Bledsoe had 20TDs and 16INTs. I won't quote Bledsoe's numbers his first year here but they were good enough for a Pro Bowl appearance and 11 franchise passing records.

To listen to people here it appears that every TD that Bledsoe threw luckily bounced off a referee and was then caught. It's funny, really, that people feel compelled to trash the guy.

Bledsoe's not my brother but he has been and still is one hell of an NFL football player and you can expect that I will continue to straighten people out when they mislead about the guy's past. 

while you are correct that drew lit it up and earned a pro bowl his first season here, his other two years sucked horribly. In fact, as has been hammered home many times before, drew was really really really awesome for his first 8 games in 2002, and so so the rest of the year. It's been a steady decline since. You can go ahead and prop drew up on whatever you want, but all things aside, he's middle of the pack at best. Your numbers prove it.

I think i can speak for all of us by saying that i don't know if JP will be better than drew, but he has way more upside.

Hell, drew might make the pro bowl next year. He's got some receivers there and a good line, along with a new fanbase to impress, not to mention he's in a weak conference. However, I think that in 10 years, we'll all look back with hindsight and say that getting rid of drew was the right thing to do, whether or not JP performs the way we all want him to.

Well it's actually 57% and 76.7 rating, but if shaving a few points here and there helps make your point, feel free.  You're certainly not alone.

Starting the year with a QB who's never thrown an NFL touchdown pass and has shown nothing to indicate that he will be a success makes people here a little nervous I think.  Blasting the previous guy will help Losman's candle appear to burn a little brighter no matter what he does.  It's called setting the bar low.

Have at it.

The 3 years prior to Bledsoe coming here the team was 22-27 including  a playoff loss.  The year they went 11-5 the QB had 19TDs and 16 INTs.  This year Bledsoe had 20TDs and 16INTs.  I won't quote Bledsoe's numbers his first year here but they were good enough for a Pro Bowl appearance and 11 franchise passing records.

To listen to people here it appears that every TD that Bledsoe threw luckily bounced off a referee and was then caught.  It's funny, really, that people feel compelled to trash the guy. 

Bledsoe's not my brother but he has been and still  is one hell of an NFL football player and you can expect that I will continue to straighten people out when they mislead about the guy's past.

264289[/snapback]

DB choked in big games with the Bills. I could care less about what he did in New England, prior to coming here. He had a very impressive first 8 games in 2002 and a less than impressive 40 games since. Stats don't tell the whole story or he'd still be here. The absolutely galling turnovers which cost the Bills key games, finally convinced the Coaching staff he could only do so much. The Bills had 10 total TD's in 2004 from the ST's and Defense. Drew did OK with a short field but played poorly in most games.

JP is completely unproven but so is every QB when he gets his first start. By your logic, Montana should have never replaced DeBerg, Eisason in for Ken Anderson, Marino in for Woodly, Pennington in for Testeverde and on and on and on. All those other vets with good career stats/success were replaced. But Bledsoe, the almighty Deity, cannot be replaced by a high draft pick.

I've been going to games since the '60's and know subpar play when I see it.

Drew Bledsoe deserved to be send packing after 2003, let alone last month. Feel free to keep perpetuating the myth. :angry: He's in Dallas and I wish him the best.

He offered this team little hope.

I'm very pumped for this upcoming season. Go Bills !

JP is completely unproven but so is every QB when he gets his first start. By your logic, Montana should have never replaced DeBerg, Eisason in for Ken Anderson, Marino in for Woodly, Pennington in for Testeverde and on and on and on. All those other vets with good career stats/success were replaced. But Bledsoe, the almighty Deity, cannot be replaced by a high draft pick.

264315[/snapback]

Well said!! Thank you!

Anyone have an idea how much longer we'll be debating the cut-Bledsoe/start-the-rookie thing?

264402[/snapback]

This debate will end after J.P. has a bad game and people start calling for Holcomb to start. A new argument to fulfill fans need for conflict.

This debate will end after J.P. has a bad game and people start calling for Holcomb to start.  A new argument to fulfill fans need for conflict.

264475[/snapback]

Roger that. Three games in. Count 'em. I hope I'm wrong. I really do. But three games in. Count 'em.

The caveat here is the blind squirrel syndrome. We could win one of the first three with nothing more than a reversal of fortune. Losman could throw a last second pass at the end of the game...a pass that would be caught for a touchdown in the back of the endzone by Evans...because a defender went for the pick instead of the knockdown.

Or the offense could struggle the entire third game, but make adjustments, and in the paper the next day, the story reads like this:

" Down 14-13 with 5:58 to go, J.P. Losman calmly led his team 60 yards to set up the winning field goal. Ryan Lindell nailed the 38-yarder with 58 seconds remaining to lift the Bills to a 16-14 victory, moving them to 1-2.

"Losman went 31 of 42 for 304 yards with a touchdown and an interception, but his biggest plays came at the end, after the Jets (0-4) scored two fourth-quarter touchdowns to take the lead. Losman went 7 of 8 for 51 yards on the winning drive.

"Lindell got a little redemption, making up for a 29-yard miss earlier in the game.

"You have to go out there and kick it like you're kicking a ball in your back yard," Lindell said.

If the blind squirrel finds a nut, it could be week five before you hear them calling for Holcomb.

It's funny how people still trash Drew and yet now clamor for TD to fix the line for the rookie! 

Championships are won in the trenches.  I think Lombardi said that.

264485[/snapback]

Where have you been? Well welcome back! People have been clamoring for TD to fix the line for at least two years now!

264253[/snapback]

Those were great plays calls. Everyone executed their role and did a great job. I was lucky enough to get open and anytime I can help the... Wait a second. ;) You meant that 'other' Campbell, didn't you? :D