Harry's thoughts on the game

First and foremost, history dictates (and many smart football media / analysts agree) that you should throw away Thursday night results as mostly irrelevant. Teams often play above or below their station on Thursday. Everyone but the league office hates Thursday night football. The players union, especially. That said...

1. The offensive line was completely over run. Cordy Glenn had probably his worst game as a Bill, but I blame him less and the coach more for Jordan Mills being inactive and Ducasse being a starter. The "rotation" on the oline is questionable.

2. We need to find a way to pressure the QB. A four man rush with the current front line is clearly not working, and it's not just this game. You cannot get shredded by the likes of McCown by giving him nearly unlimited time to throw. I have trouble understanding why we didn't start to see more aggressive blitz packages in the third / fourth quarter.

3. Shady got hurt in the second half and we got a glimpse of this team without a running game. Hint: the offense is not viable without a runnning game. And Tolbert is not going to do it. There is no depth at the RB position. This is a problem.

4. Tyrod wasn't bad tonight. He was constantly being pushed out of the pocket. He made some good throws. His struggles to move the offense are on the shoulders of:

5. The line, but more importantly the offensive play calling. Uninspired. Terrible? No more comment.

6. Benjamin is here, Clay is almost back, and our current receivers did well. That's a positive.

7. F@$k ISIS. The jets came out playing inspired football to bring some positivity after the latest terrorist attack on their city.

Final thought - a few big plays going the Bills way could have changed the outcome of this game and, perhaps, hid the teams weaknesses for another week. O'Leary's fumble...the missed INT...some of the penalties...but maybe this is a good thing. They needed to see their weaknesses laid bare. McD needs to learn. My thoughts going into this game were the Bills need to win 2 of 3 against the Jets, Saints, and Chargers to have a good shot at 10-6. That is still very possible. Learn, learn, LEARN young Sean over the mini-bye. And please help old Dennison learn as well.

Edited by Harryhood280

Defensive line was also manhandled.

I fear that this will be a common theme without Dareus. Beane will get roasted if this is the case.

Beane or McDermott?

Has Dareus done anything during our five wins? Was he a difference maker last season? He is completely irrelevant tonight.

His absence is not completely irrelevant on a night when our D line was run over all night long and failed to generate a pass rush all night long too.

A lot of Marcell's value was in tying up linemen in double teams so that other Bills could make impact plays.

You take Marcell's double team off the field and everyone around him on the Bills D becomes a bit worse.

I hated the fat piece of garbage so what is, is what is...

But I think we missed him tonight.

Edited by Fadingpain

First and foremost, history dictates (and many smart football media / analysts agree) that you should throw away Thursday night results as mostly irrelevant. Teams often play above or below their station on Thursday. Everyone but the league office hates Thursday night football. The players union, especially. That said...

1. The offensive line was completely over run. Cordy Glenn had probably his worst game as a Bill, but I blame him less and the coach more for Jordan Mills being inactive and Ducasse being a starter. The "rotation" on the oline is questionable.

2. We need to find a way to pressure the QB. A four man rush with the current front line is clearly not working, and it's not just this game. You cannot get shredded by the likes of McCown by giving him nearly unlimited time to throw. I have trouble understanding why we didn't start to see more aggressive blitz packages in the third / fourth quarter.

3. Shady got hurt in the second half and we got a glimpse of this team without a running game. Hint: the offense is not viable without a runnning game. And Tolbert is not going to do it. There is no depth at the RB position. This is a problem.

4. Tyrod wasn't bad tonight. He was constantly being pushed out of the pocket. He made some good throws. His struggles to move the offense are on the shoulders of:

5. The line, but more importantly the offensive play calling. Uninspired. Terrible? No more comment.

6. Benjamin is here, Clay is almost back, and our current receivers did well. That's a positive.

7. F@$k ISIS. The jets came out playing inspired football to bring some positivity after the latest terrorist attack on their city.

Final thought - a few big plays going the Bills way could have changed the outcome of this game and, perhaps, hid the teams weaknesses for another week. O'Leary's fumble...the missed INT...some of the penalties...but maybe this is a good thing. They needed to see their weaknesses laid bare. McD needs to learn. My thoughts going into this game were the Bills need to win 2 of 3 against the Jets, Saints, and Chargers to have a good shot at 10-6. That is still very possible. Learn, learn, LEARN young Sean over the mini-bye. And please help old Dennison learn as well.

Sadly, I realize I was ready to blast another LAMP about game thoughts, but that was concise and in my opinion on point. I’m cranky after a loss, but that was well stated and got to the point quicker than usual.