The Wide Receiver Position

Buffalo716

Thought you were thinking like me, who needs WR's. I call it the Buffalo Wing Formation.

Glenn - Dawkins - Incognito - Wood - Ducasse - Miller - Groy - Mills

---------------------------------------Taylor-----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------DiMarco---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------McCoy----------------------------------------------

Unfortunately Ducasse is so poor this wouldn't work.....teeheehee

O'Leary and Jones were both targeted six times. O'Leary pulled in five, and Jones one. If our TEs are the focus of our endemic passing attack, it is because we do not have any reliable WRs.

Tate looked like our best WR on Sunday. And, he's getting spread pretty thin. One of my favorite parts of that game was that Tate made an excellent tackle on the kick return immediately after his TD.

Tate is a good NFL player. He can run routes and catch

It's a lot easier to get the ball to the TE than a X or Z receiver. He runs routes much closer to the QB.

KC had utilized TEs for years as their primary. They are mismatches

I think the Wideouts are getting separation. We have very limited pass plays in our offense so that makes EXECUTING the play key...

Not just the correct route depth and break but the line must do their job and TT then must execute. We have some nice play action passes with good route combinations that are getting open but we are always slightly off in the execution.

It looks much worse because of our limited pass attempts. When we don't execute on the play that we just set up for 10 plays it's a killer. Every attempt is meaningful because there are only a limited number to go around

If we threw 35-40 times a game there would be more cohesion and trust amongst QB and WR

We threw 37 last week and looked like dung

We threw 37 last week and looked like dung

How often do we do that?

TT is near the bottom of the league in attempts since he's been here...

We don't let him throw until we really need too... we never let him get into a Rythem in the first

It's always late in the game trying to come back

Edited by Buffalo716

• 2 weeks later...

Let's go baby! This is exactly what I was talking about!

deonte thompson way to step up today! Like I said, if nobody is willing to get the job done they will find someone who will! Way to earn your spot in the lineup today! Added some speed to the field