[closed]Tyrod will be gone before we could ever fairly evaluate him

ShakAttack

Its a shame but this is true. Last season I believe at one point Tyrod's numbers with a healthy Woods & Watkins were significantly better than his numbers without them.

The problem was that there were not too many games with Woods & Watkins healthy.

We had an opportunity to have a healthy Watkins this season. He was CLEARLY healthy in the pre-season and most of his injuries have been of the bad luck variety as opposed to a player that is injury prone with the same recurring injuries over and over.

that's why I hated our decisions from the moment we did not pick up his extra year option.

But it was okay because the Bills weren't supposed to be good in 2017 and the Rams 2nd round pick was going to be more like a late first rounder, right?

And it was never really a big deal that our WR position was thin because we were looking to the future.

But what if it just so happens the Bills start winning and it becomes clear as day that having Sammy Watkins could have been the difference between the Bills finishing something like 7-9 again vs. FINALLY snapping the playoff streak?

The difference between the Bengals and Bills today was AJ Green.

Andy Dalton wouldn't have had those numbers without AJ Green and hell, he probably wouldn't even have had his career if not for AJ Green, and these are precisely my two points:

1. Can you really evaluate a QB that has had to throw to special teamers at WR by week 5 seemingly every season?? There are only 3 qbs in this league that MIGHT be able to work with the horrid WR/TE (minus Clay) that Tyrod had to deal with today and that's Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers. Which means I would highly doubt a rookie QB is going to solve this problem for us next season.

2. Is there any question that the Bills would not be at least 4-1 or even 5-0 if they had kept Sammy? There shouldn't be. Because there is proof that Tyrod is a MUCH better QB with a healthy Sammy and it's obvious that our offense lacks the big play ability that every winning team has to have every now and then (just look at how the Bengals just beat us.. 2 plays from AJ Green)

This isn't just hindsight... getting rid of Sammy was always an incredibly unpopular decision among fans especially considering he was finally healthier than he had ever been since we drafted him!

It seems like we knew much better than the front office on that one... So I guess the "good news" is that we seem to have a decent defense and stock pile of draft picks but A) the KC and LA picks are not looking nearly as good as we hoped they would be (hell, even our own pick isn't looking as good as we hoped!) and B) I don't think Beane/Mcdermott have done anything to really earn our trust to the extent we should have faith in them having a good draft next season.

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.