In His Three Years With the Bills....

ajzepp

:devil:

Ok, if youre going to start being nice to me, I'll go elsewhere. You rmy sworn enemy ajzepp, I cant have you going soft on me now!

Well, you're an ok guy. I guess I take back calling you an attention whore.

Seriously, I love my Fins, but I came here cause Ramius kept talking about what a great group you are, and he lives and dies Bills football. So blame him for dragging me in here. I'm not going  to be a troll, I can make intelligent conversation! And more importantly, I can wipe my own ass (Big Daddy).

262880[/snapback]

Ramius is friends with a Dolphins fan??? You gotta be kidding!

:angry:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Or anything similar, for that matter?

"I'd have loved to have Jonas here, but again, those are decisions I know nothing about," he said. "I just play football. I'm sure whoever they put at left tackle will do a great job. And if he needs a little pep in his step, I'll be there to put it in him."

Seriously......not trying to slam Drew.....I just think a quote like this is indicative of what was missing with him at the helm. Besides the Shannahan quote about JP on the 'Sounds of the Game' program, the one thing that really struck me about this kid was his command in the huddle. He has a natural tendency to take charge of the offense, and I think we need that.

Okay, I'm going to start running now before Bill in NYC comes after me with an axe :devil:

262574[/snapback]

I don't know how you can say anything of the sort on 5 regular season passing attempts.

I don't know how you can say anything of the sort on 5 regular season passing attempts.

262909[/snapback]

You cannot gather much of anything from his garbage time last year, bro.......that has nothing to do with what I posted. Im talking about an attitude and how it may relate to leadership. Everything with JP is a question mark until he actually goes out next fall and does it for real.

You cannot gather much of anything from his garbage time last year, bro.......that has nothing to do with what I posted. Im talking about an attitude and how it may relate to leadership. Everything with JP is a question mark until he actually goes out next fall and does it for real.

262913[/snapback]

Exactly. Everything is a question mark. That's why implying he has leadership so early is really a stretch.

Exactly.  Everything is a question mark.  That's why implying he has leadership so early is really a stretch.

262924[/snapback]

So what you're saying is that there should be no discussion, speculation, verbalized hopes, or anything else until JP takes the field? lol

yup, i hafta admit it, puhonix is my roommate...so i live with a dolphins fan... :angry:

262938[/snapback]

Maybe you should pitch a sitcom idea to the NFL Network :devil:

So what you're saying is that there should be no discussion, speculation, verbalized hopes, or anything else until JP takes the field? lol

262939[/snapback]

Nope, not at all. I find it amusing you would infer that from that I said.

What I am saying is that its a real stretch to praise a players leadership ability with absolutely no sample size whatsoever - except for a few off the cuff comments.

He may have the better team (last year) But I had the beter golf shot! (read his sig)

262980[/snapback]

Damn, those two shots happened during the same friggin round???? That's awesome lol

One other thing about Ramius' signature.....he appears to have very good taste in women :devil:

Damn, those two shots happened during the same friggin round????  That's awesome lol

One other thing about Ramius' signature.....he appears to have very good taste in women :devil:

262988[/snapback]

His nailed the flag pole hard, and sunk. Mine bounced along the green, and kinda dissapeared. I thought it had rolled of the back of the green, but then we found it, in the hole.

Nope, not at all.  I find it amusing you would infer that from that I said. 

What I am saying is that its a real stretch to praise a players leadership ability with absolutely no sample size whatsoever - except for a few off the cuff comments.

262986[/snapback]

Amusing, how? Like a clown or something?

Or anything similar, for that matter?

"I'd have loved to have Jonas here, but again, those are decisions I know nothing about," he said. "I just play football. I'm sure whoever they put at left tackle will do a great job. And if he needs a little pep in his step, I'll be there to put it in him."

Seriously......not trying to slam Drew.....I just think a quote like this is indicative of what was missing with him at the helm. Besides the Shannahan quote about JP on the 'Sounds of the Game' program, the one thing that really struck me about this kid was his command in the huddle. He has a natural tendency to take charge of the offense, and I think we need that.

Okay, I'm going to start running now before Bill in NYC comes after me with an axe :devil:

262574[/snapback]

"...natural tendency to take charge of the offense..."????? Upon what do you base that conclusion, a press conference? He hasn't been "in charge" of this offense at all let alone ever taken charge of it.

Look, I know we all want to see JP succeed but you are seeing things you want to be there, not things that are there. He will get his chance to show us what he can do and then we can measure him for his halo. Until then, lets wait and see him play.

Speaking of golf.....

A nun goes to confession. "forgive me father, for I have used horrible language today, she says.

"Go on," the priest says.

"Well,"the nun continues. "I was golfing and hit this incredible drive, but it struck a phone line and fell short after about 100 yards"

"And so you swore?" the priest asks.

"No," the nun says. "After that, a squirrel came out and stole my ball."

"And then did you swear?" asks the priest.

"Well,no," the nun says. "Then, an eagle swooped down and grabbed the squirrel in his talons. As they flew away, the squirrel dropped myball."

"And then you swore?" the priest asks.

"No," she continues, "The ball fell on a big rock, rolled onto the green, and stopped 6 inches form the hole."

The priest is silent for a moment, and then finally says "You missed the f**king putt, didn't you?"

Damn, those two shots happened during the same friggin round????  That's awesome lol

262988[/snapback]

thanks...check my profile, tell me if ya tihnk my girlfriend adds to my good taste in women :P

i think she does :angry:...

"...natural tendency to take charge of the offense..."?????  Upon what do you base that conclusion, a press conference?  He hasn't been "in charge" of this offense at all let alone ever taken charge of it.

Look, I know we all want to see JP succeed but you are seeing things you want to be there, not things that are there.  He will get his chance to show us what he can do and then we can measure him for his halo.  Until then, lets wait and see him play.

263026[/snapback]

Good Lord, some of you guys are ridiculous.......I swear.

First of all, it was just an opinion. Second, the opinion/comment was meant to speak to an aspect of the position that I felt was absent with Bledsoe, in addition to speculating based on his comment and the way he took charge of the huddle last preseason that there is at least SOME evidence that JP has a natural leadership about him.

As I've said three or four times, go back and watch tape of him from last preseason....particularly the game against Denver. Watch him take command of the huddle and then get back to me with your thoughts. Chances are you'll be of the opinion that he appeared very un-rookie-like in his command, and that it may actually be construed as evidence that the guy can lead. Is that proof of anything? NO. But don't tell me that it's meaningless, either.