College rankings......

Sweats

I know it's only the 4th week of the college season, but where exactly are these guys getting their rankings?.........what the hell are they seeing that the rest of us aren't?

I.E.........the Seminoles.

Ranked at #12 and have yet to post a single win...............really?

The Canes have one win and are at #14............um, what?

ND, Cal, Colorado, Maryland, Stanford, Kentucky, Kentucky State, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Michigan State, Iowa, etc. aren't ranked at all and although they may not be playing the best games of their season, they are competitive and staying in games and keeping the action close.

I don't get it......................................................................................rolls eyes and shaking head.

It starts with preseason rankings and goes from there. FSu was #3 to start the season and then lost their starting QB in the first game, when they played the #1 team in the country. #12 was appropriate given the lack of knowledge about how The backup would do since no one had seen him play. They will probably drop quite a bit now in the polls but in the end none of the polls matter. The cfb playoff rankings are all that matter and those don't come out until November. And are determined by a committee.

Preseason rankings are based on what the team did the previous year, players lost to the draft, and coaching. For example that's why Clemson started off #2 instead of #1 because they lost their starting QB and were going to a freshman but imo they should be #1 watching them play. Tough to say though because Bama beat FSU, a very good team that had its starter for almost the entire game. Ultimately if those two teams continue to the best in the country it won't really matter who is 1 or 2 because they will both be the playoff and it will only be the difference on who plays 3 and who plays 4.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Correct, new polls come out today but the #12 ranking was appropriate given their situation at the time it came out. I believe they also missed a game due to the hurricane. I don't remember who they were supposed to play but I'm guessing that given that they started with Bama it was a cupcake and they would have won.

Correct, new polls come out today but the #12 ranking was appropriate given their situation at the time it came out. I believe they also missed a game due to the hurricane. I don't remember who they were supposed to play but I'm guessing that given that they started with Bama it was a cupcake and they would have won.

FSU/Miami was postponed due to Irma. All other games impacted by Irma were cancelled, but FSU/Miami is too much of a moneymaker and will be rescheduled

Week 5 Coaches Poll is out and as expected, FSU plummets (12 down to 15)

Suprised Penn St didn't slide down from #4

Georgia cracks the top 10

TCU up to 11

Okalhoma St down to #14

Next week's top matchup #2 Clemson @ #12 Virginia Tech. Mississippi St @ Auburn and USC @ Washington St also look like interesting games

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.