[closed]Offensive System

UCLA Bills Fan

This system does not fit Tyrod at all. Instead of creating a system around his strengths, they installed a system where it highlights his weaknesses. For example, against Carolina notice the route depth between our wr and theirs. Cam would drop back either 5 or 7 steps and his wr would mostly have a route depth of 15 to 18 yards. With the Bills, a majority of the play calls are 3 step drops with 8-10 yards per route. Tyrod is not a 3 step qb who can get rid of the ball quickly. For Tyrod, they should be doing the same thing they do in GB. Deep drops, move around in the pocket and take shots down the field. And before everyone starts with "I can't believe you are comparing him with Rodgers" chill out. All Im saying is his biggest strengths are being to buy time in the pocket and attack the down the field. He's proven two years in a row that he can lead a top 10 offense in points with a system designed around his strengths. They should just play Peterman if they don't want to adjust the offense for him. It is a complete disservice to him and the team to have him in this type of offense.

This system does not fit Tyrod at all. Instead of creating a system around his strengths, they installed a system where it highlights his weaknesses. For example, against Carolina notice the route depth between our wr and theirs. Cam would drop back either 5 or 7 steps and his wr would mostly have a route depth of 15 to 18 yards. With the Bills, a majority of the play calls are 3 step drops with 8-10 yards per route. Tyrod is not a 3 step qb who can get rid of the ball quickly. For Tyrod, they should be doing the same thing they do in GB. Deep drops, move around in the pocket and take shots down the field. And before everyone starts with "I can't believe you are comparing him with Rodgers" chill out. All Im saying is his biggest strengths are being to buy time in the pocket and attack the down the field. He's proven two years in a row that he can lead a top 10 offense in points with a system designed around his strengths. They should just play Peterman if they don't want to adjust the offense for him. It is a complete disservice to him and the team to have him in this type of offense.

this I why I thought Cardale was better for it but didn't get the chance. They gave up on him too fast. If anything he deserved a shot before Yates. But life goes on.

UCLA, I agree with 3 step drops and short routes I think TT is destined to fail. He no longer has the wrs to stretch the field so goodbye 5-7 step drop. I will have no problem seeing us eventually transition to Peterman and quick crossing routes again. It's worked for NE for 15 yrs. Now if our Bruins could ever develop a football program?