Nice Article On Free Agency

Mark VI

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And the expense of making the playoffs was overpaying replaceable players and being forced to tear the team apart not long after.  But pretend it was somehow different or that teams like the Titans, Cowboys, Niners, Chargers, Fish, etc haven't suffered the same fate.  B-)

262289[/snapback]

philly is a perfect example of a team that consistantly makes the playoffs, retains good young players, makes big additions, and maintains a healthy cap........it is not an unrealistic goal........

philly is a perfect example of a team that consistantly makes the playoffs, retains good young players, makes big additions, and maintains a healthy cap........it is not an unrealistic goal........

262326[/snapback]

And yet they've won HOW MANY Super Bowls?

remember, the goal is not to make the playoffs, but to win it all.

And oh, BTW, had PW been an Eagle he'd have been gone from their team too.

They will NOT tender an offer to players over 30.

262334[/snapback]

but they would have his backup tied up long-term with a cap friendly deal........something we don't have with edwards.........

but they would have his backup tied up long-term with a cap friendly deal........something we don't have with edwards.........

262338[/snapback]

WHAT?!?! Edawrds is here for AT LEAST two more seasons. He's locked up through the END of 2006.

Get the facts straight.

the Colts will have to pay the piper in the near future just like the Titans did this year.

262133[/snapback]

but along the way they're in the playoffs every year and in position to compete for a championship. that's a lot more than i can say about the bills. btw, i'm not one to say that donohoe is cheap. i do think he's got a problem when it comes to maintaining continuity, which requires paying slightly more than is necessary to keep your own guys. a team is a lot more fun to follow when you've got a long term core of players.

262334[/snapback]

as a fan of the bills - a team that hasn't made the playoffs this century - you might want to steer clear of this line of argument ...

as a fan of the bills - a team that hasn't made the playoffs this century - you might want to steer clear of this line of argument ...

262378[/snapback]

What's the point of paying out the wazoo, only to lose in the first round of the playoffs?

Apologize for what? I never said you were lying.

I just asked for a link for my own edification.

Now, what makes you think TD can't get RE done?

262460[/snapback]

"Get the facts straight."

it was you who didn't have his facts straight.........throwing around your opinion on pat williams and discounting everyone who doesn't agree without even knowing the situation his backup is in........you should at least be informed before spouting off against others.........

i never said "td can't get RE done".......but he should be working on an extension now and hammering it all summer until he gets one worked out..........history shows that is not is style and that RE can expect a lowball offer in early summer followed by no talks right up to his UFA date........that is how he did it with jennings, and according to the masses that is how you are supposed to do it, so why wouldn't he repeat that style?

he may get a deal done, but i don't expect he will and i expect TSW to cast edwards as "greedy" why taking no shots at TD for not being aggressive enough with him..........

i never said "td can't get RE done".......but he should be working on an extension now and hammering it all summer until he gets one worked out..........history shows that is not is style and that RE can expect a lowball offer in early summer followed by no talks right up to his UFA date........that is how he did it with jennings, and that according to the masses that is how you are supposed to do it, so why wouldn't he repeat that style?

262478[/snapback]

Maybe that's what he's doing right now.

i never said "td can't get RE done".......but he should be working on an extension now and hammering it all summer until he gets one worked out

262478[/snapback]

I disagree. RE has shown improvement, and did make some nice plays last year, but he has not yet proven that he is the answer there. In fact, when all is said & done, Tim Anderson or someone else may end up being the starter.

PAY FOR PERFORMANCE, NOT POTENTIAL! B-)

I disagree. RE has shown improvement, and did make some nice plays last year, but he has not yet proven that he is the answer there. In fact, when all is said & done, Tim Anderson or someone else may end up being the starter.

PAY FOR PERFORMANCE, NOT POTENTIAL! B-)

262486[/snapback]

and as a result, watch players "over-value" themselves and price there way out of buffalo.........

a good GM is ahead of the curve and identifies players who will exceed expectations........he then locks them in at reasonable deals and does not let them get to free agency......if you wait, and he if lives up to your expectations, he's as good as gone.........see winfield and jennings as examples........

right, and maybe the agents for JJ, PW, and MP are all lieing as well.........

262483[/snapback]

JJ stated he wanted out. Now he is.

PW had an offer made to him that ws REASONABLE for someone of his age and position a year ago and turned it down. See ya.

Mike Pucillo? Are you fugging kidding me?