Say Willis goes down

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

that we can get right now for less than 1.25 million that are better than Travis Henry.

I can immediately think of, oh, approximately, none.

261716[/snapback]

While I agree with you, TH has shown ZERO willingness to be a backup. It's time to cut bait.

that we can get right now for less than 1.25 million that are better than Travis Henry.

I can immediately think of, oh, approximately, none.

261716[/snapback]

Dont need a guy as good as Travis as a backup, Shaud Williams steps in and we are just fine for a while.

Stopwatch stopped...elapsed time 3 seconds.

Noone.....He will see the field a lot if he plays out his contract with the Bills. I am saying at least 8-10 carries a game..and if injury happens, he is the feature back again in a heartbeat. It may be the quickest road to get him the lucrative contract he seeks.

Dont need a guy as good as Travis as a backup, Shaud Williams steps in and we are just fine for a while.

Stopwatch stopped...elapsed time 3 seconds.

261721[/snapback]

Shaud Williams is going to carry the ball 325 times for us and we're going to reach the playoffs?

He's gotta move on. We can't let him and the whole team go through the offseason thinking he is gone, and then bring him back. That will create trouble in the locker room. We need an entire team tight knit and not worrying about personal playing time. Look what the Bengals did with Dillon. He is a great talent, but his head just wasn't there. He may be more valuable than a 2nd rounder, but it was a deal that had to be done so the Bengals could move on with the right mentality.

He's gotta move on.  We can't let him and the whole team go through the offseason thinking he is gone, and then bring him back.  That will create trouble in the locker room.  We need an entire team tight knit and not worrying about personal playing time.  Look what the Bengals did with Dillon.  He is a great talent, but his head just wasn't there.  He may be more valuable than a 2nd rounder, but it was a deal that had to be done so the Bengals could move on with the right mentality.

261726[/snapback]

The Bengals had malcontent Dillon on the bench behind Rudi Johnson in 2004 and had a better season than they did in 2005 without him. Next example?

The Bengals had malcontent Dillon on the bench behind Rudi Johnson in 2004 and had a better season than they did in 2005 without him. Next example?

261734[/snapback]

Was that the only change they made to their roster? How about the qb change to a second year qb? Do you think that had anything to do with their record? I'm sure that an unhappy Dillon on the bench was the extra edge they needed each game to get those extra wins. Dillon barely even got any carry's in 2004.

While I agree with you, TH has shown ZERO willingness to be a backup.  It's time to cut bait.

261720[/snapback]

Travis has no choice. He really cannot pout this entire year and threaten to sit out, or not perform 100% when he does get a few carries and expect to get ANY money as a FA in 2006. His teammates are going to have no sympathy for him, and again, it is much different when you're trying to force a trade or have something in your hip pocket, like sitting out a year. Travis doesn't have that anymore. he had that last year. Once the season starts, they are not going to trade him, especially if Willis gets hurt or they don't have a reliable back-up. Travis may be dumb but he will be able to see that. Sulking works or is allowable in certain instances. It happens all the time. He has nothing, absolutely nothing to gain and virtually everything to lose if he does it this year.

Was that the only change they made to their roster? How about the qb change to a second year qb? Do you think that had anything to do with their record? I'm sure that an unhappy Dillon on the bench was the extra edge they needed each game to get those extra wins.  Dillon barely even got any carry's in 2004.

261740[/snapback]

The point is only that the team did well with a malcontent former starter on their bench and it wasn't a distraction to the rest of the team.

Travis has no choice. He really cannot pout this entire year and threaten to sit out, or not perform 100% when he does get a few carries and expect to get ANY money as a FA in 2006. His teammates are going to have no sympathy for him, and again, it is much different when you're trying to force a trade or have something in your hip pocket, like sitting out a year. Travis doesn't have that anymore. he had that last year. Once the season starts, they are not going to trade him, especially if Willis gets hurt or they don't have a reliable back-up. Travis may be dumb but he will be able to see that. Sulking works or is allowable in certain instances. It happens all the time. He has nothing, absolutely nothing to gain and virtually everything to lose if he does it this year.

261745[/snapback]

I don't think you can use sense where TH is concerned. I'd put nothing past the guy - especially if what has been reported on the Cardinals deal is based in any truth whatsoever. He's either getting very bad advice, is very stupid, or most likely, both.

261745[/snapback]

RBs are not all good and cannot not all play well in other teams some RBs are pure products of the system example all rbs out of denver who were all drafted and one star rb int he 6th rd. Not to say there arent Marshall Faulks and Ricky Williams out there. BUt we can actually get away with drafting a RB in the Draft and be Just fine.