WGR is aggravating me

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Tree? Right across the street basically.

Could you clarify? Big Tree? Road, Inn??

When you see Dan D next time ask him what happened, He said in front of a group of people that he would never deal with another radio station again as he was having some problem with the last one he dealt with. Word.

WGR has done very well lately in ALL the core demos they strive for. People "think" they know the ratings game when they actually have no clue how to read and understand it. It's not as easy as looking at the overall number and saying this book is great or this book is horrible.

262627[/snapback]

I based my opinions on seeing 12+ numbers on various broadcasting websites. Get me the latest Arbitron book for Buffalo, plus Maximizer and Tapscan programs, and I can tell you for sure how 'GR is doing.

PTR

dont be an ass as you obviously knew what Big Tree I was talking about. I have a feeling that you care more about losing WGR than they actually do.

Remember to ask Danny D, you know, good people, whats up with his Word.

Word is, some of the gr staff hated being so far from the action this year. I don't need them, other are interested in the #1 Rated (by the O.O.T.P.L) Parking near the Ralph.

Im sure the guys at WGR will find a suitable parking spot with "HIGH VISABILITY" that replaces your lot just fine.

The purpose of guerilla advertising is try for highest visibilty while paying less than the major player. Right next to my lot is a 4,000 parking lot, and within easy walking distance of the stadium, hhhmmm.

Down the road and limited target market visibilty BTI. Did you see them this year all jammed in. Where was their hook like they had a Hammer's Lot?

262964[/snapback]

Hammer, they didn't need a hook. All they would say is, "Come visit the WGR Pregame Tailgate at _________________, we'll be giving away _____________, and cooking up some _____________________" and guess what. People will come because they hear it on the radio and they really don't give a damn if Hammer's name is attatched to it or not. There are 72,000 people filing into that stadium on Sundays and people are going to visit them no matter where they are. It's not like they did the show from Hot Dog Heaven in West Seneca. Get over it already.

Hammer, they didn't need a hook.  All they would say is, "Come visit the WGR Pregame Tailgate at _________________, we'll be giving away _____________, and cooking up some _____________________" and guess what.  People will come because they hear it on the radio and they really don't give a damn if Hammer's name is attatched to it or not.  There are 72,000 people filing into that stadium on Sundays and people are going to visit them no matter where they are.  It's not like they did the show from Hot Dog Heaven in West Seneca.  Get over it already.

263713[/snapback]

Amen to that!! By the way ...Hot Dog Heaven in West Seneca is some delicious sh--.

Hammer, they didn't need a hook. All they would say is, "Come visit the WGR Pregame Tailgate at _________________, we'll be giving away _____________, and cooking up some _____________________" and guess what. People will come because they hear it on the radio and they really don't give a damn if Hammer's name is attatched to it or not. There are 72,000 people filing into that stadium on Sundays and people are going to visit them no matter where they are. It's not like they did the show from Hot Dog Heaven in West Seneca. Get over it already.

You take on PTR, the guy who knows nothing about radio but is in the radio business and now me who knows nothing of how football fans/customers foot traffic flow patterns work on game days ( I have never ever talked with anyone in sales, promotions or marketing dept's. of any radio stations or never see how people behavior patterns are on game days). Somebody in the sales illusion dept must be feeding you some B.S. or Wardinski's!

I have to crawl under my desk now, get into the fetal position and suck my thumb.

Alright then, I defer to the guy with a doctorate in Tailgate Setup. I've had season tickets since 1987 and all this fan knows is that it would appear that tens of thousands of people are coming to the stadium from all directions, meaning that any exposure in or around the stadium would be good exposure.

But if you say that a majority of the crowd all come and go from one direction, and that one direction happens to go right past/through your lot, then I humbly apologize.

I agree with a previous post....brad and jeremy were a good team at night, and on w-ends...although the politics talk made me turn them off plenty of times. That was very annoying. WGR is ok (not great), and I really miss having other options in this market. What a bummer. Best thing i ever did was to get sirius satellite radio...the NFL Radio network is AWESOME, and they often break Bills news before WGR does. Not to mention all the other very good programming available on satellite. I still listen to WGR, but could not live without my satellite radio!

I agree with a previous post....brad and jeremy were a good team at night, and on w-ends...although the politics talk made me turn them off plenty of times.  That was very annoying.  WGR is ok (not great), and I really miss having other options in this market.  What a bummer.  Best thing i ever did was to get sirius satellite radio...the NFL Radio network is AWESOME, and they often break Bills news before WGR does.    Not to mention all the other very good programming available on satellite.  I still listen to WGR, but could not live without my satellite radio!

264052[/snapback]

Is the NFL radio network on XM only, or is it also on Sirius??

Alright then, I defer to the guy with a doctorate in Tailgate Setup. I've had season tickets since 1987 and all this fan knows is that it would appear that tens of thousands of people are coming to the stadium from all directions, meaning that any exposure in or around the stadium would be good exposure.

But if you say that a majority of the crowd all come and go from one direction, and that one direction happens to go right past/through your lot, then I humbly apologize.

So who is the guy with the doctorate in Tailgate Setup? I never mention Tailgate Setup, I believe I mentioned advertising. I do know of some people have had some great tailgate parties in my lot thou.

I never said all the traffic goes by my lot.

I have not been a season ticket holder since 1987 so I guess I know nothing.