Blaylock signs with the Jets

Jets | Blaylock Agrees - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:13:35 -0800

Dave Hutchinson, of The Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets have signed unrestricted free agent RB Derrick Blaylock (Chiefs) to a five-year, $11.1 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $3.2 million.

I hope he enjoys backing up Martin. Jordan didn't like it.

Dave Hutchinson, of The Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets have signed unrestricted free agent RB Derrick Blaylock (Chiefs) to a five-year, $11.1 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $3.2 million.

I hope he enjoys backing up Martin.  Jordan didn't like it.

261646[/snapback]

I'm really surprised Blaylock is willing to come into that type of situation. Martin is aging, but he isn't slowing down.

261657[/snapback]

Thats FAR from scary and with McKenzie set to be gone, Martin may finally show his age next year. This is good for the Bills. If I were a Jet fan, I would be clamoring for a young stud RB like McGahee, there loss, our gain.

GREAT pickup by the Jets... goes to show how important a #2 running back is, even if you have a solid starter.

I know everyone wants to run Travis out of town. Hopefully a viable backup can be found.

I hope he enjoys backing up Martin.  Jordan didn't like it.

261646[/snapback]