Coolest thing you ever seen from a plane

Ice bowl 67

As others have said, flying to/from NYC. I've done it during the day and at night (from both JFK and LGA), night is definitely a must see.

Flying down to Ft. Lauderdale, FL at night, we went over the Everglades. There isn't a whole lot to see at night, except there is absolutely no lights at all. You just kind of see this line that runs through the state, where it just goes black. On one side of the line there are tons of lights visible, and on the other side it's just pitch black. I didn't know what it was at first and my friend told me "that's where the Everglades start".

Flying over the Grand Canyon is pretty amazing.

Also flying into both LA and then the Bay Area in CA was pretty cool. Seeing all the cities on the bay is pretty cool. San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose (you could see where the sharks play, I thought that was cool). Seen the Golden Gate Bridge from the air too, flying into Oakland.

Flying to/from Salt Lake City was surprisingly nice, too. It's this beautiful, city sitting on the big expanse of flat ground, with big mountains suddenly jutting out from from the flat ground in the distance, kind of surrounding the city.