Article - 8 things we learned from Brandon Beane before camp

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/07/8_things_we_learned_from_buffalo_bills_gm_brandon_beane_before_training_camp.html#incart_river_index

Didn't see this posted anywhere, figured I'd share.

Beane's happy here

'When the Panthers fired Dave Gettleman, it seemed like Beane might be kicking himself. After all, he was next in line to take over as Carolina's general manager before he left for Buffalo. However, given the dysfunction in Carolina's front office, Beane feels at home in Buffalo, where he is comfortable with ownership and the stability he has. Plus, the Panthers and Jerry Richardson had a chance to hire him in 2012 when he was the interim general manager.

"I still felt like, you know, there was a lot of momentum in the building for me to get it and a little bit in the city," Beane said. "But you know how it goes, you guys are in that business. A lot of writers are looking for big names. And I wasn't a big name. And I think there was a lot of pressure on (Richardson) to bring in a name other than somebody from the same regime that he just fired from. It was fun for that three months. It was also a little bit gut-wrenching to have it taken away at the same time."

Also, here as a couple more good articles from NYUpstate. They're linked at the bottom of the article I shared above, but I figured I'd make it easier and post them here too.

How Beane & McDermott plan to change the culture - http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/07/how_do_brandon_beane_sean_mcdermott_plan_to_change_buffalo_bills_culture.html

How Beane and McDermott will communicate with the Pegulas? - http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/07/how_will_brandon_beane_and_sean_mcdermott_communicate_with_pegulas.html

Edited by BillsFan4

Nice finds.

I like one of Beane's quotes.

But Terry and Kim are, phew, better than I even realized the day I signed up. And that's the God's honest truth. I'm not BSing. They're so supportive. I bring ideas, or people on my staff brought ideas. 'Hey, if it can make us better, let's try it. Let's do it.'

Obviously he choose the right wife:

"I was offered a full-time job for $30-grand a year," Beane said. "It was doing this writing stuff. You guys may know something about it. But it was actually for Sports Business Journal. They had an office in Charlotte. I was interviewed for it and was offered it. But I had also interviewed for the season internship for Carolina. It was after my summer deal. And I just kept holding them off and trying to speed it up with Carolina, and finally got it. So I turned down a $30,000 a year job for minimum wage, no benefits. And my wife didn't kick me out for that, so that was pretty good."