Inside look at GM/HC Interviews versus other teams

elroy16

Good stuff from Beane and McDermott.

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/inside-look-different-ways-nfl-teams-conduct-hc-and-gm-interviews

An inside look at the different ways NFL teams conduct HC and GM interviews

Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane explain some of the different interviews they experienced
Sean McDermott

Buffalo Bills, 2017:

The process with the Bills was probably the most thorough, to be honest. I went in the night before, had dinner with Terry and Kim (Pegula), which was more focused on just personal, on life and getting to know me, me getting to know them. And so that was neat.

“The the next day I think roughly started at 8 AM, I believe, and we went until two o’clock in the afternoon type of deal, with more to go. It was productive, healthy conversations and I really enjoyed the exchange, to be honest with you.

“That was in Florida….that was my first one (in 2017)."

Brandon Beane

Buffalo Bills, 2017:

This one went about 5 hours. So it was detailed. We stopped for a 20 minute lunch, but it went from 10 to 3. They were very thoughtful and thorough with their questions. The way we set it up was to go through my book, ask questions along the way, and if I didn't answer anything, let's ask it at the end

There's a lot more there, definitely worth the click.

I've definitely seen people mock the Bills for not being thorough with their searches. It sounds like the Pegula's do a good job in the interviews.

Edited by elroy16

In a somewhat related matter:

How Beane and McDermott's unlikely reunion became reality

mcdermott-beane-7-20-story.jpg

Both men had paid their dues. Both men had interviewed for these kinds of high profile positions before. But never did they feel the stars would align to see them both secure their dream jobs in the same NFL city. Here’s how it happened.

Terry and Kim the hardest working billionaires in the league. If I was rich I'd be floating around the Mediterranean somewhere on my yacht. They look at this as more of a family business than just something they own and that's pretty cool