anyone think we'll get more than a 4th for TH?

there seems to be a marked drop off in interest in the guy. a number of teams are now on record dissing henry - tampa bay, arizona. the raiders are getting a guy they think is better, lamont jordan. i can't see miami trading for him in a million years. plus, judging from the combine, the draft will be loaded with good rbs. presently, i'd put henry in the 20-23 range for RBs, and he's got enough mileage on him that you pretty much know he's not going to get any better. if you're drafiting a rb in the second round, you're expecting that there's a decent chance that the guy can be a top 10 guy. teams know they can't say that about henry. anyway, if the bills can't get anything for him - which i do doubt (i do think they'll get a 4th or 5th rounder) - they pretty much have to cut him. he's a cancer and takes up a valuable roster spot for a guy who can play special teams and who will come cheaper. i'm not saying that's going to happen, but if it did, how ironic - for both henry and the bills.

there seems to be a marked drop off in interest in the guy. a number of teams are now on record dissing henry - tampa bay, arizona.  the raiders are getting a guy they think is better, lamont jordan. i can't see miami trading for him in a million years.  plus, judging from the combine, the draft will be loaded with good rbs.  presently, i'd put henry in the 20-23 range for RBs, and he's got enough mileage on him that you pretty much know he's not going to get any better. if you're drafiting a rb in the second round, you're expecting that there's a decent chance that the guy can be a top 10 guy. teams know they can't say that about henry.  anyway, if the bills can't get anything for him - which i do doubt (i do think they'll get a 4th or 5th rounder) - they pretty much have to cut him. he's a cancer and takes up a valuable roster spot for a guy who can play special teams and who will come cheaper.  i'm not saying that's going to happen, but if it did, how ironic - for both henry and the bills.

259941[/snapback]

Why aren't other teams interested in Henry?

Could playing like crap in '04 before being injured by a powder puff tackle and becoming a whining cancer on his team have anything to do with it?

there seems to be a marked drop off in interest in the guy. a number of teams are now on record dissing henry - tampa bay, arizona.  the raiders are getting a guy they think is better, lamont jordan. i can't see miami trading for him in a million years.  plus, judging from the combine, the draft will be loaded with good rbs.  presently, I'd put henry in the 20-23 range for RBs, and he's got enough mileage on him that you pretty much know he's not going to get any better. if you're drafting a rb in the second round, you're expecting that there's a decent chance that the guy can be a top 10 guy. teams know they can't say that about henry.  anyway, if the bills can't get anything for him - which i do doubt (i do think they'll get a 4th or 5th rounder) - they pretty much have to cut him. he's a cancer and takes up a valuable roster spot for a guy who can play special teams and who will come cheaper.  I'm not saying that's going to happen, but if it did, how ironic - for both henry and the bills.

259941[/snapback]

If we don't get a 3rd or better, Travis will be a Bill next year. I don't think that will lead to locker room problems, but if it does it will not help Henry in any way for a guy in his contract year.

I really do not think we will be able to pick up anyone in the draft as a viable backup, so keeping Henry seems like a good option as a back up. If he doesn't like it tough sh-- for him.

In some ways I think not getting rid of Henry is a good thing. I have never seen a RB who is in 100% of the offensive plays. Henry would be satisfactory to good if he had to step in and start a few games for Willis if need be. I like what I saw from Shaud last year but I'm not sure he is the back up starter we need.

That being said I still hope we can pull off a trade to get Shelton. OL is our main priority, not RB, but we need to get a 3rd for Henry or better for it to make sense trading him.

If we don't get a 3rd or better, Travis will be a Bill next year. I don't think that will lead to locker room problems, but if it does it will not help Henry in any way for a guy in his contract year.

I really do not think we will be able to pick up anyone in the draft as a viable backup, so keeping Henry seems like a good option as a back up. If he doesn't like it tough sh-- for him.

In some ways I think not getting rid of Henry is a good thing. I have never seen a RB who is in 100% of the offensive plays. Henry would be satisfactory to good if he had to step in and start a few games for Willis if need be. I like what I saw from Shaud last year but I'm not sure he is the back up starter we need.

That being said I still hope we can pull off a trade to get Shelton. OL is our main priority, not RB, but we need to get a 3rd for Henry or better for it to make sense trading him.

259969[/snapback]

I agree.

259969[/snapback]

I respectfully disagree. Along with others, I am sick of the wrong routes, missed blocks, sliding on his asss, dropped passes, whining. off field conduct, and most important....losing, and I dont pay his check, Mr. Wilson does.

As a starting player, all he does is lose. Look at the stats. Henry is a bona fide loser.

For a long time, posters were expecting first round picks, Robert Gallery, etc. in a trade. Reality seems to be slowly sinkng in, but make no mistake, he will be GONE, one way or another.

I cannot imagine Ralph willingly turning over 1.25 million dollars to this whining, bumbling miscreant.

I respectfully disagree. Along with others, I am sick of the wrong routes, missed blocks, sliding on his asss, dropped passes, whining. off field conduct, and most important....losing, and I dont pay his check, Mr. Wilson does.

As a starting player, all he does is lose. Look at the stats. Henry is a bona fide loser.

For a long time, posters were expecting first round picks, Robert Gallery, etc. in a trade. Reality seems to be slowly sinkng in, but make no mistake, he will be GONE, one way or another.

I cannot imagine Ralph willingly turning over 1.25 million dollars to this whining, bumbling miscreant.

260035[/snapback]

I have to agree with Bill. I'd be stunned if Henry is here, come opening day. He won't play special teams and definitely pouted in the locker room. I wish him well but he no longer fits here, not even as a backup. His agent is here in Buffalo, according to WGR, helping to work on a trade.

I agree with those who think TH will be a BILL> If he's smart, he'll just shut his mouth, and perform for the league, for a bigger contract next year. If he doesn't, he'll be lucky to get the same contract as he's had for the past three years.

Bills lose nothing keeping him here this year.