Did the Cowboys overpay also?

Frez

Cowboys | Ferguson Contract Details - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:25:39 -0800

Updating an earlier story, Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Dallas Cowboys have agreed to a contract with unrestricted free agent DT Jason Ferguson (Jets). The deal is a five-year, $21.5 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $9 million and will pay him $11.5 million in the first two seasons of the pact.

Oh DAYUMMM!!!

There goes a huge chunk of their cap room. Still sittin prettier than we are but that is huge. I think it is easy to see old Tuna is sweating bullets right now. I believe it is "put up or get the fu!! out of dodge" this year, and I guess he sees it too. He seems to be runnin a "now" scheme, not a 5 year plan.

Oh DAYUMMM!!!

There goes a huge chunk of their cap room. Still sittin prettier than we are but that is huge. I think it is easy to see old Tuna is sweating bullets right now. I believe it is "put up or get the fu!! out of dodge" this year, and I guess he sees it too. He seems to be runnin a "now" scheme, not a 5 year plan.

259827[/snapback]

the last time i checked, the tuna took a team to the playoffs one year ago. the last time the bills did that was in the previous millennium. also, the guy has loads of playoff appearances and 2 SB victories. give the guy some goddamn respect.

Dallas is a panicked team and they just blew their cap money trying to win now because Parcells only has two years left on his contract. They overpaid for Ferguson just like some team will over pay Pat Williams.

Here's his stats for the last three years

2002- 63 Tackles, 3 Sacks

2003- 75 Tackles, 4.5 Sacks

2004- 58 Tackles, 3.5 Sacks

For a Comparison, here's what Pat Williams did over the last three years

2002- 83 Tackles, 0.5 Sacks

2003- 81 Tackles, 0 Sacks

2004- 53 Tackles, 2.5 Sacks

As an aside, where would you rather be sitting right now with this offense, Buffalo or Dallas?

Dallas- Drew Bledsoe, Julius Jones, Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn

Buffalo- JP Losman, Willis McGahee, Lee Evans, Eric Moulds

Anyone that says Dallas is a Cowboys fan. Dallas is old.

the last time i checked, the tuna took a team to the playoffs one year ago. the last time the bills did that was in the previous millennium. also, the guy has loads of playoff appearances and 2 SB victories.  give the guy some goddamn respect.

259904[/snapback]

Kasper put it a bit better than I did, but it seems I am not alone in my opinion. We could have gone to the playoffs in the NFC (particularly the NFC least) the last 2 out of 3 years too... You can spin it how you want it, the end result is Tuna is old school, this is a new league.

Cowboys | Ferguson Contract Details - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:25:39 -0800

Updating an earlier story, Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Dallas Cowboys have agreed to a contract with unrestricted free agent DT Jason Ferguson (Jets). The deal is a five-year, $21.5 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $9 million and will pay him $11.5 million in the first two seasons of the pact.

259764[/snapback]

they paid market value.......there trying to win, and aern't taking the cheap route........they have cap room to use and they're improving their football team.......good signing...........

they paid market value.......there trying to win, and aern't taking the cheap route........they have cap room to use and they're improving their football team.......good signing...........

260109[/snapback]

Doing something for the sake of doing something=RJ