Chinese Flying Lanterns

Just out of curiosity, what kind of tree? I've seen barbed wire grown over by scrub oaks for 50 years or more here in California. I wonder if the tree sap is corrosive or something?

all sorts.

it'll grow over it. i have some trees probably 100 years old with barbwire in them. guy cutting timber on my land had to use a ton of chains due to this.

it's when you go to tighten from the tree that you have problems.

if i know that tree with be there a while i put a pipe to it and mount to that, a lot stronger, it'll grow over it

all sorts.

it'll grow over it. i have some trees probably 100 years old with barbwire in them. guy cutting timber on my land had to use a ton of chains due to this.

it's when you go to tighten from the tree that you have problems.

if i know that tree with be there a while i put a pipe to it and mount to that, a lot stronger, it'll grow over it

Stress fractures I guess.

The paper and bamboo is but, since when is wire is biodegradable?

Yeah... That's what packaging said. Then I open it up see the thin wire supports for the wax candle. I am like WTF.

Says:

"100% biodegradable up to 20 mins flying time contains no metal parts."

WTF does that mean, surely appears to be thin wire across bamboo ring... Again, to hold candle. Maybe "wire" is "wool", this from the packages I still have:

Called: "Eco Flying Lantern"

Says on packaging also:

"Safer for the Environment"

"Unlike many other flying lanterns, Boyz Toys Eco Lanterns contain no metal parts. The metal ring that many lanterns contain has been replaced with a bamboo one, and the metal spokes traditionally used to keep fuel cell in place have been replaced with a type of nonflammable wool. These improvements on a traditional design mean that our lanterns biodegrade quicker than traditional lanterns which greatly reduces their impact on the environment."